Guru, EA2IF is now Silent key (Part 1)

Brian - i’m absolutly with you! For me, reaching 1000 points is a way of joining the herd.

Guru, with all he has done for SOTA, was far more and for me one of the strong (if not one of the leaders) in the herd. That was worth much more than 1000 points!

73 Armin

18 Likes

Odešla velká osobnost a zůstal velký smutek. Pro mě byl jedním z největších vzorů v rodině SOTA. Upřímnou soustrast.
Libor

1 Like

I could cry… rest in peace Guru
All the best for his family
We remeber for you
He chased me always when I was for SOTA on SV8 mountains.
73 sk

3 Likes

So sad, my condolences to his family and friends.
Jeff K6QCB

1 Like

Very sad news. Condolences to his family and friends.

Whilst I didn’t really know Guru, I felt like I do a little through enjoying his wonderful contributions and support here on the reflector. We only had a few brief SOTA contacts on air, but I will forever remember that he chased me on my first CW activation.

Tony

4 Likes

He was a most effective ambassador for SOTA and promoted a spirit of community. I am glad he touched each of us.

5 Likes

Very sad news.
My condolences to family.
R. I. P. Guru

João

2 Likes

We will never forget you Guru

Chris

27 Likes

Thanks Chris, yes we will never forget Guru; lovely music.

Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Chris, very atmospheric, may he hear it, thank you very much

2 Likes

It’s hard to find the right words…

Rest in Peace Guru, thanks again for all our SOTA contacts. I will miss your call in my logs.

Jens HB9EKO

RIP GURU
HB9IIO Daniel

Thanks Jarek, nice souvenir!

73, DIZ

3 Likes

Hi,
I will try to get a commemorative plaque or something of that kind for Guru on a summit somewhere in 2022, might be on a summit on EA6 or HB9.
vy73 Patrick ON4BCA

6 Likes

This is something small that we can do for a great man.
Many thanks for all participants :exclamation:

73, Jarek

4 Likes

Allways in our Sota Heard.

73 may Friend and RIP

DC8YZ Michael

2 Likes

Hello Sota Community, maybe it is possible to set up a kind of gallery on this page for people who have made an extraordinary contribution to our Sota passion? No matter in which role, whether activator, hunter or other support. I didn’t know Guru nearly as well as many of you. But he was always very good at helping me with whatever request I had. Think about it to leave a lasting memory for such people here. The reaction of so many people here only shows the popularity of a person who unfortunately is no longer with us.
Greeting Michael DC8YZ

9 Likes

Michael, the Sherpa Award went to Guru about four years ago. That was the most recent one, and the list of recipients will go in the Sota Shop in the near future.

Elliott, K6EL

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 100 replies. Continue discussion at Guru, EA2IF is now Silent key (Part 2).

Patrick, contact W6PNG, who did a bronze benchmark for KU6J after he died.

paul.gacek@gmail.com

Elliott, K6EL

2 Likes