Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Gt Orme, Very Quick Report

Had to visit Wales today and was driving past Llandudno, so thought it would be rude not to activate Gt. Orme.

On arriving at the car park, I realised, I’d left my heavy jacket behind and only had a couple of jumpers to wear. Walking across the car park to pay and display, I realised how warm it was, so decided to go ahead anyway.

At the trig point, there was absolute zilch wind and the sea was like a mill pond…an absolute sheet of glass!!! Oh why can’t all activations be like this?

The temperature was 11 degrees, it was almost like a Spring day…

On the radio front, decided to give VHF a miss and went straight to 40m. Worked about 25 stations before QSYing to 15m, The higher HF frequencies were most certainly not the gold mine of DX that I found here about three months ago :frowning:

Rich, N4EX managed to find me, also a couple of the Canadian regulars including VE2JCW Jean. One other call from Brazil and the USA just about wrapped up the DX.

Took a shot at 10m FM and worked 3 stations …Colin GW4ZPL, Mark G0VOF and Bob G6ODU.

As soon as the sun went down the temperature plummeted to just 2 degrees and that was my cue to go QRT.

Forty eight stations worked…

Thanks to all the chasers…

73 Mike
2E0YYY