Gt Orme, Very Quick Report

Had to visit Wales today and was driving past Llandudno, so thought it would be rude not to activate Gt. Orme.

On arriving at the car park, I realised, I’d left my heavy jacket behind and only had a couple of jumpers to wear. Walking across the car park to pay and display, I realised how warm it was, so decided to go ahead anyway.

At the trig point, there was absolute zilch wind and the sea was like a mill pond…an absolute sheet of glass!!! Oh why can’t all activations be like this?

The temperature was 11 degrees, it was almost like a Spring day…

On the radio front, decided to give VHF a miss and went straight to 40m. Worked about 25 stations before QSYing to 15m, The higher HF frequencies were most certainly not the gold mine of DX that I found here about three months ago :frowning:

Rich, N4EX managed to find me, also a couple of the Canadian regulars including VE2JCW Jean. One other call from Brazil and the USA just about wrapped up the DX.

Took a shot at 10m FM and worked 3 stations …Colin GW4ZPL, Mark G0VOF and Bob G6ODU.

As soon as the sun went down the temperature plummeted to just 2 degrees and that was my cue to go QRT.

Forty eight stations worked…

Thanks to all the chasers…

73 Mike
2E0YYY