Gotta Catch 'Em All: Completing GM/SS: SS-116 & SS-241

Too simple, predictable and stripped-down basic for me, definitely kid’s stuff! Anybody that got hooked on Floyd or early Genesis would sneer at it…

Brian

1 Like

No they wouldn’t. They’d recognise it for what it is, dance music.

I would not dignify this infantile discussion by participating in it.

Walt

5 Likes

You just did!:grinning:

1 Like

I am more of a Floyd man myself on a good day, I have darkside of the moon on LP. However at the moment it is heavy metal that is doing it for me. But you wouldn’t want to dance to that, people start doing strange things like forming circles and partaking in what is known as 'moshing" scary…

Keith Floyd ?

1 Like

Music not food, as in pink to fit in with the context of what Brian said :smile:

That’s the chap. You should hear his version of “Interstellar Overdrive” played on the spoons with assorted pan lid percussion… it’s a classic.

1 Like

As he said to the onion - One of these days I’m going to cut you into little pieces !

Careful with that kitchen knife Eugene!

Dark Side is great but I prefer Animals.

You can dance to almost anything. My wife used to inveigle me into occasional folk dancing nights, where I made the acquaintance of a Norwegian folk dance which went to a rhythm of five beats to the bar. Get your mind sorted and it wasn’t difficult! Difficult would be dancing to a polyrhythmic extravaganza like “Apocalypse in 9/8” from “Supper’s Ready” (Genesis, Foxtrot) or Stravinsky’s Le Sacre - though ballet companies do the Rite of Spring all the time it is not for ordinary mortals! Try the Apocalypse for size, though!: Genesis - Apocalypse in 9-8 (Supper's Ready).wmv - YouTube

Brian

Is that some kind of Disk Drive?