Gm/cs-096

Writing this as I sit at the trig point I’m literally getting blown away by the wind!! Never expeirienced wind like it. It doesn’t look like it’s going to subside and I’m about to get the soaking of a lifetime from the encroaching rain clouds. I’ll stick it out to have lunch but I don’t want to chance putting the antenna up it won’t survive.

Hopefully better wx is being had by other activators today.

Adrian
Mm0tai

In reply to MM0TAI:
Hi Adrian, forecast for today was even worse than yesterday and the wind was bad enough then near Ben Cruachan.

Good luck and keep safe on the descent.

I might try and pop out later for an early evening activation of a local Corbett as the wind is supposed to subside a bit.

In reply to MM0TAI:

Hopefully better wx is being had by other activators today.

Strong wind, overcast grey sky, rain (heavy), light overcast sky, blue sky patches, blue sky, fluffy white clouds, overcast grey sky, rain (heavy).

Lather, rinse, repeat every 15 mins. :frowning:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
I know you could almost time when the next rain was going to come. Well I made it off but not with out injury, feet blown out from under me and landed on my already sore knee. With 2 weeks holidays coming up I’m planning a couple if days round the larig ghru and Glen lui. But after that I’m hoping to be down in gm/ss for a few Sota activations round Perth/Dundee, all provisional at the minute.

Adrian
Mm0tai