German - Czech Tour

We have some free time so are going over the Czech border to activate OK/PL-088 (10) now. Expected QRV 1500z.

73 Phil

FB QTH ON Cerkov OK/PL-088. RF IN 5 MINS…

2 Likes

Thx for the short skip 20 m SSB-QSO to OK/PL-088, this gives me a complete :slight_smile:
I hope you enjoyed your stay the last days in the Bavarian Forest. You worked a lot of „my“ standard summits :slight_smile:

73 de Klaus, DL2KL

1 Like

FB activation from OK/PL-088 Cerkov. 19 QSOs on 20m. Here I am with my new friend Pauline from Hamburg, here on holiday like I am…

3 Likes

And then after the activation we met Paulo OK1CRM / OL7P who was readying the OL3Y Contest Group station for this weekend. The shack is on the summit, which was a communist eastern bloc cold war listening post until 1989. We took advantage of the station tour:

This was our 30th activation of the tour. We hope to get 6 more summits done before leaving Prague on Saturday/ Sunday. Today we had the best HF condx so far.
73 Phil

edit

There is better view of the PA and driver rack. 160 watts into 4 X 600 watt amplifiers with their own antennae!

6 Likes

It is a pity we missed each other today :frowning:
It was occurred is not easy when everyone in own travel :wink:

73, Jarek

de OK8CDX/P had to QRT on 40m from OK/PL-019 due to rain. Victor as OL15SOTA had a shelter and was able work 10.1195 down to no callers. PL-028 is next, hoping for a dry summit

73 Phil

My last CW QSO of this tour was with Pete M0HQO on 40m.
My 4 year old Palm Nano key will need looking at when I get home. I have no dots.

The last activation in around 50 mins OK/ST-021 will be SSB only. OL15SOTA (Victor) will use CW.

73 Phil OK8CDX

2 Likes

Hi Phil & Victor

Thanks very much for all the activations. I really enjoyed following you on the radio around DL & OK. Safe journey home.

Nick

1 Like

Pity about your key Phil. Great it lasted until the penultimate.
Thanks for the summits and gutte heimreise. Prost.
Pete.

1 Like