After much deliberation, I’m going to attempt participation in this evening’s 6m ACs from the summit of The Cloud G/SP-015. The wx forecast is not great, albeit slightly better than was being indicated 24 hours ago.
Storm Gareth is predicted to be Westerly, gusting at speeds up to 45mph tonight. Therefore, it could well be that I am forced to set up on the north ledge, using the shelter of the cliffs, in which case I’ll be very shielded to the south and west. The “feels like” temperature could also contribute to an early finish.
I’ll do what I can - FT8 for the first 55 minutes (1900-1955z) then SSB/CW from 8pm until 10.30pm, or, more likely, whatever time I chuck in the towel.