G4SSH Roy SK 25/12/2020 part 2

Good evening Heather. Thank you for taking the time to write, and I offer you my condolences for your loss.

You will have read above how much your dad’s encouragement meant to me when I took my first steps in morse code some 13 years ago. He was a good friend to me in the radio hobby, as I know he was to a great many. Take care.

4 Likes

Hello Heather,

Thanks for putting that message on and Tom’s reply. I was about to drop a message on ref the cremation when I saw your post. I will be thinking about your Dad and all the family at the appointed time.

Thanks to the several ops who sent messages by various other means:
DL1FU Frid, G4ZNZ Ross, G0NUP Kevin, G3TQQ Dave, 2E0ERS Ray, 2E0SCN Janet (Scarborough Amateur Radio Society Sec.), HA8LLH Feri; G3XYF John & 2E0ADL (Hornsea Amateur Radio Club), G0NXX Jim (via G4OBK Phil), G4UHM & G0AOL Steve & Gill (via 2m-FM). I will pass on these messages plus any further ones to you in due course.

Sincere condolences,
You lost your Dad and I lost my best friend.
John, G4YSS.
Let’s hope 2021 is better at some point at least.

6 Likes

Souvenir from 2009

6 Likes

Don’t forget Roy’s Handwriting !

6 Likes

im sorry heather had many qso with dad he was the godfather of sota

73 jon m0hem

RIP Roy. Another old sea-going Radio Officer no longer on the air waves, Will miss you old friend.

Just read the very sad news in RadCom ref Roy G4SSH.
Not been very active on SOTA lately but have very fond memories of my previous CW qso’s with Roy, normally the first to call me from a new summit!
I think everything has been already said but sincere condolences to his family and friends.
RIP Roy de Peter G3TJE + dit dit