Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Summits | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

G4SSH Roy SK 25/12/2020 part 2

Good evening Heather. Thank you for taking the time to write, and I offer you my condolences for your loss.

You will have read above how much your dad’s encouragement meant to me when I took my first steps in morse code some 13 years ago. He was a good friend to me in the radio hobby, as I know he was to a great many. Take care.

4 Likes

Hello Heather,

Thanks for putting that message on and Tom’s reply. I was about to drop a message on ref the cremation when I saw your post. I will be thinking about your Dad and all the family at the appointed time.

Thanks to the several ops who sent messages by various other means:
DL1FU Frid, G4ZNZ Ross, G0NUP Kevin, G3TQQ Dave, 2E0ERS Ray, 2E0SCN Janet (Scarborough Amateur Radio Society Sec.), HA8LLH Feri; G3XYF John & 2E0ADL (Hornsea Amateur Radio Club), G0NXX Jim (via G4OBK Phil), G4UHM & G0AOL Steve & Gill (via 2m-FM). I will pass on these messages plus any further ones to you in due course.

Sincere condolences,
You lost your Dad and I lost my best friend.
John, G4YSS.
Let’s hope 2021 is better at some point at least.

5 Likes

Souvenir from 2009

5 Likes

Don’t forget Roy’s Handwriting !

5 Likes

im sorry heather had many qso with dad he was the godfather of sota

73 jon m0hem

RIP Roy. Another old sea-going Radio Officer no longer on the air waves, Will miss you old friend.