G0VOF/P G/SP-012 again 22/04/11

It doesn’t seem like two weeks since I was last on Easington Fell, & indeed it isn’t, it is only 13 days Hi!

So what could prompt me to get up early to activate a summit I have already got an activator point for this year?

The possibility of a summit to summit contact on Top band, that’s what!

I will edit this post later, but for now I want to say a big thank you to all the chasers & activators I worked today, but especially to John G4YSS (operating as GX0OOO/P) on G/LD-013 for my first CW summit to summit qso, which also happened to be on 160m :slight_smile:

I did a quick check of the database before I set off this morning & Top Band summit to summits are quite rare. On speaking to John I believe he said that he is aware of two previous 160m S2S’s so could our QSO today be only Top Band S2S number 3 in the history of SOTA. If you know different please let me know, in any case I was very pleased to make the contact :slight_smile:

I could hear all the other stations that worked John on 160m but some were very weak.

I aquired a new video camera this week which I used to record parts of my activation. The video quality is much better than with my previous camera, but on viewing the videos I really must do something to cut down the wind noise.

In any case, I can apparently upload videos of longer than 10 minutes to Youtube, so I will include as much operating footage as I can.

Thanks for now…

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

The Video of my activation of G/SP-012 Easington Fell, including footage of my S2S with John GX0OOO/P on G/LD-013 on 160m CW is now available on Youtube.

I do apologise for the wind noise, but as this was the first time I had used my new waterproof camera I was not aware just how much it would be affected. I will fettle it before my next activation.

As above, I also had to use different software to edit the video, so the audio levels during the CW segments are a bit low, you may need to adjust your volume level to hear the CW properly.

However, it does appear that I can post videos longer than 15 minutes on Youtube :slight_smile:

I hope you enjoy watching this video as much as I enjoyed making it :slight_smile:

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF