G/TW Area Funday and Supper - Thursday 29th October 2015

Thanks to all the activators for a great day. I managed to work Steve, G1INK on TW-003 and Phil, G4OBK on TW-001 to give me SOTA Complete for the whole of TW.

73, Colin G8TMV

Well done Phil and all the activators today. Like Mick I managed to contact all 5 of the summits and enjoyed the chase :slight_smile: If I’m not mistaken some of the activators had some interesting DX s2s later in the day. Let’s hope we have similar events in the future and I hope the get-together goes well tonight.

73 Allan GW4VPX

Hmmm must have been the same forecasting programme that missed that famous storm a few years ago :umbrella:
TW-004 is definitely not my favourite “hill” but at least I eventually managed 4 contacts. Thanks to all who worked me and thanks Phil for organising the meal

Great to hear that at least two chasers worked all 5 - well done Allan and Mick, fantastic and very diligent chasing as we were not operating in ideal condx. Did anyone else work all 5? The scores are not in…

More information of our day in Roy’s (G4SSH) SOTA news on Saturday…

73 Phil

I believe I managed to work all 5 too. Thanks for organising the Fund a and thanks to all the activators who took part.

73 Andrew G4AFI

Well done on creating this little event Phil. Unfortunately I had to go out for an hour and missed TW-002 :disappointed: however I did manage the other 4 including “Inky” on 10 metres :yum: .

Victor GI4ONL

Hi David,
Please check your post / log. G0vwp was not on tw-002. I was and I would certainly have remembered working into 9h3!

73 Ed g8glm.

You are correct he was on TW004, finger trouble

David