G/SP-008 activation

It was in 2004 that I last activated G/SP-008 Boulsworth Hill (Lad Law)! I won’t leave it as long until the next time. This is a great hill! I was back there yesterday (24/7/20).

Great views over the valley to Pendle Hill (G/SP-005) and hardly a soul in sight.

I spent just over an hour on the summit in lovely weather with 14 contacts all on 145-FM with 5 watts using the Wouxun handheld and the SotaBeams MFD. These included 3 S2S.
The 1st S2S was to G/LD-017 with @G6WTM who was undertaking his 1st ever activation :slight_smile: Second was @G4YSS using the club call GX0OOO/p on G/NP-006 and then all the way over to G/TW-003 where @G0UOK was putting out a very strong signal.

This structure is on the Pennine Bridleway along the route, I haven’t researched what it is / was yet, perhaps one of you knowledgeable lot knows? It seems to date from 1672!

Another great day out playing radio :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well done Alan, you had better weather than I had . your pics show me what the view was like as we couldn’t see further than our nose when we were up. It was still SOTA fun though, thanks for points aswell 73 Tony

1 Like

Hello Alan,
Well done on the activation, report, photos and antiquity. I hope you find out what it’s all about. It seems unexpectedly old for its location/ condition. I have been to SP8 twice but never seen it. That’s probably because I come in from Trawden.

Thanks for the S2S and brief chat. What wasn’t there to enjoy on a hilltop that day with perfect weather? Not too hot, not too cold.
73, John G4YSS
(GX0OOO/p)

1 Like