G/NP/SP-land 2-8 March SP added 2m contacts (esp S2S) wanted!

Yes, it lived up to its name well and truly and I began to think the bog would never end so it was a very pleasant surprise to find the trig pt just behind the wall. The sun shone and it was delightful up there while waiting for Cracoe Fell and enjoying some sun. The descent into Flacsby was a mixture of very pleasant walking and really wet marshes with, sometimes, little idea in which direction I was supposed to be heading - but definitely more interesting and varied than the walk-in.
Sorry we didn’t give much notice of either the activation of Longridge Fell G/SP-014 afterwards (by a new route for us, up from the forest car park and only a short walk along the dreaded path beside the wall. We managed to qualify and pack up as the sun descended and dived back into the woodland as it went down.
Yesterday we drove to Malham via Easington Fell G/SP-012, again by a new (much drier) route tx to Chris M0RSF - a great improvement.
In haste now, lovely day on Buckden Pike G/NP-009 today in sun and almost no wind but we badly need a rest tomorrow so looks as if we will not be out at all on Wednesday (sorry) but hope to do something else on Thursday (??wx) and then possibly summat small before driving back home on Friday.
73 Viki

2 Likes

Weather is looking ok for Thursday. Let me know if you want me to go up G/NP-028.

Hello Richard - provisionally yes pse but we don’t know yet where or when. How flexible are you or is there a specific time you can manage?. Tx for the offer,
Viki

I can manage pretty much any time. I’d just like to know Wednesday evening roughly what time you will be on your summit so I can plan around it.

1 Like

Well I didn’t manage Rogan’s Seat, but I did manage to get out - and looking at the weather forecast I went west - Grizedale Pike G/LD-015 and it was lovely on the top. Thanks to all the chasers and apologies for the spaniel that joined in the QSO’s. Finished with a transatlantic QSO on 10m - icing on the cake!

The pictures explain why I went West!

6 Likes

I went up Fountains Fell G/NP-017. There were cloud free periods but also fog at times. I couldn’t get an RBN hit on 10m or 17m with my RockMites and I only managed one QSO on 15m. I reluctantly broke out my MTR-5B and managed a handful of contacts on 17m to claim the activator points.

G/NP-010 today.

Fountains Fell summit G/NP-017

Map of QSOs eventually scored with my MTR-5B.

73, Colin

4 Likes

Hi Richard. Forecast for tomorrow not so good but we currently aim to get up Gt Whernside (G/NP-008) at about 1145 and it looks as if a 2m contact should be OK with G/NP-028. Don’t expect to linger unless we get good shelter from the stones. Many tx for you help and will understand if you can’t make it - or your weather is too foul!
73 Viki

Hi Paul. Glad you had a good day and you were very wise to West to get the super weather. We went by train to Carlisle and got good views on the way with cloud starting to hover at about 700m but coming back ad 1530 ish the cloud was pretty solid with only the end of Pen y Gent clear.
Weather forecast for tomorrow not promising but we will try G/NP-008 by 1145 but I know you are busy. Thanks for the offer of help and very glad you made such good use of your opportunity for a day out - and tx for the lovely pictures.
73 Viki

1 Like

I went to work :frowning:

(I only work Wed & Thu now).

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the s2s to Windlestraw law GM/SS-087 today. You had by far the better weather, the cloud started at 550m for me and was solid all the way to the top at 660m. Besides yourself on 2m, I got some s2s to 2E0XGO and 2E0LDF on G/LD-037 and one on 10m to G4JXP on EA8/LA-027 in the Canaries but after an hour or so I had to get off the top.
Hopefully you got your feeder untangled from the dog without too much trouble.
Andy
MM7MOX

1 Like

OK, I will be on G/NP-028 before 1145 set up on 2m (at least the handheld). If I’m on HF I’ll be listening out on 2m and keeping an eye on Sotawatch.

I was up on G/NP-008 a couple of weeks ago. There was quite a cold wind but I got good shelter in the stones near the trig point. You should be ok. I’d say the forecast isn’t too bad!

1 Like