G/LD-041 Binsey

This is an easy ascent. Here is the view from my operating position today. Qualified with 8 QSO’s on 2m FM including S2S with Frank EI8HIB/P and Tom EI5IEB/P on EI/IE-072 Ben of Howth.

My XYL Natalie M7NTD was with me today and we usually pass the microphone to each other until Natalie has got the required 4 QSO’s to qualify the Summit then I work through the rest of the pile up. Though it seems that Natalie’s fan base is growing and more people are asking for a QSO with her which is not a bad thing at all.

Thanks to those that called in, always appreciated.

73 Chris M0RSF & Natalie M7NTD

5 Likes

Chris, that second photo looks like it’s from the SOTAgoat++ app. I can never get it to align the name tag pointers with the actual summits in the photo (unless I use the manual-drag feature which requires one to know which summit is which, which rather defeats the purpose of the app)…

Andy G8CPZ

++EDIT UPDATE: Sorry I meant PeakFinder (not SOTAgoat)

2 Likes

Hello Andy,

The second photo I took using an App called Peak Finder. It lets you align the overlay after taking a photo. It’s quite easy to use.

73 Chris M0RSF

2 Likes

Great photos! I use Peak Finder but didn’t know about the photo-overlay trick. I will probably overuse it from now on in activation reports. But it wouldn’t have been of much use on this French summit last month. I wonder if it can identify trees? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice photo John and that looks a good place to operate from protected by the trees. Peak Finder is a great App as your no doubt aware.
I’ve yet to take my Icom IC-705 out portable. I still use my Yaesu FT817ND if I’m doing HF.

73 Chris M0RSF

2 Likes

Great to meet you both today! I’ll keep an ear open for you from now on!

2 Likes

Hello Gareth, nice to meet you both today too and welcome to SOTA.
Hope to work you on the bands soon and hopefully Summit to Summit.

73 Chris M0RSF

1 Like