G/ld-005 25/5/08

First of all I wish to thank all who called in when I was on LD-24.
I would like to apologize for not been on Great Gable but did get to windy gap at 0730hrs to find Rescue team there stopping people from going up as the winds were gusting at 70mph so will do this the next time over in the Lakes, Monday was the same but did do LD-012 on Monday but could not do HF because of the winds did 2m FM + 2m SSB only had 3 on FM and 2 on SSB.
So the weekend was not good radio wise plenty of sunshine but the winds came with it.

Terry

G0VWP

In reply to G0VWP:
We wondered how you would go with Gable,it was wild enough on Harter Fell (see report) Winds of that strength were not forecast. Sorry you couldn’t get up it and sorry to miss you on the others.
Catch you on the next one
Rob
G4RQJ

In reply to G4RQJ:

Hi Rob I looked at the forcast in the hotel the night before and was ok for me but things had changed but not to worry it will be there the next time I go may be in two weeks time.

Terry
G0VWP

In reply to G0VWP:
Hi Terry, Quite like you said the summits will be there tomorrow and the next day, Just be glad you are safe, I was moving house (all ok) at weekend and it was hard work keeping the doors on the van, especially when stuff blowing down the road, We will have to meet up again soon for a chat and walk in the wilderness. Looking at something soon,
Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0SGB :

Hi Steve,

Well Steve my thoughts as well they will be there when we are gone, but will be going up again soon want to do LD-005,006,007,010,013, but not in winds like that.
Glad you got moved ok.

Terry
G0VWP