G/HWB-015 HuMPs activation

In reply to G3CWI:

Seems your link is a duff link Richard !

But the main summitsbase site has some very interesting information, and a comprehensive database of various different types of summit and associated awards scheme. My Dad and I are intending to start the South Pennines Humps list, just as an alternative to SOTA, more local hills to have a go at and some points to gather too.

http://www.summitsbase.org.uk

Morgan
M3LMP

In reply to M3LMP:
Only because it’s been hidden Morgan/Lee :slight_smile:
It was there earlier today.

Roger G4OWG

Richard’s link is markedly less duff than yours Morgan!

In reply to M1EYP:
Petard comes to mind Tom :wink:
Good on 10m CW today ?

Roger G4OWG

In reply to M1EYP:
Rotfl

In reply to G3CWI:

LMAO - at least mine was only a spelling mistake, hey I am only 12 it happens, but its working now, is yours ?

Petard - a small bomb, I can hear it ticking, tick-tock tick-tock, not long to go.

Morgan
M3LMP

In reply to G3CWI:

to have a go at and some points to gather too.
http://www.summitbase.org.uk
Morgan
M3LMP

Lee, it’s missing an S. You should always check your links when you post them.

Andy
MM0FMF

EDIT: Ah, you’ve edited it now. You’re getting plenty of practice today!

In reply to MM0FMF:

Been on radio since 3pm this aft, as part of my school project, 40 mins ago worked JE1SSE on 17m, 5/7 both ways, it faded before my Dad got chance to work him, lol !

MORGAN
M3LMP

Good on 10m CW today ?

Yes, excellent thanks Roger. Added 13 new DXCCs on that band for the year for G3WGV’s UK CW Table. No DX as such, but HB0 was satisfying.

6m has been open too, as has 12m. On the latter, I worked 7Q which was really nice, especially as he replied to my CQ call!

Back to those HF bands…

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Today
10 on 10
2 on 12
Need to sort 6m antenna.
Still no G 6m CW will listen Tuesday - but might be tired as in middle of Exam Period (12 hour days for three weeks!)
Already way past last years total :slight_smile:
If this Humps thing gets going (back on topic)I may be doing an ‘eyp-cloud’ from Otley Chevin :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

Morgan has that bomb gone off yet (Hamlet “For tis the sport to have the enginer Hoist with his owne petar”.

In reply to G4OWG:
9 on 12
16 on 10
4 on 6
Now getting to the stage where I am hearing CQ calls from DXCCs I have already got on those bands - which has to be good going for this segment of the HF spectrum!

Yes, I might well do a few activations from my local HuMP - The Cloud…

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G4OWG:

Morgan has that bomb gone off yet (Hamlet “For tis the sport to
have the enginer Hoist with his owne petar”.

There should be a ‘d’ in that Roger, its Petard not petar, spelling mistakes today are quite common, wonder if Richard will find yours funny ?

Morgan
M3LMP

In reply to ex-M0LMP:

Roger’s joke has passed you by Lee. His quotation is correct.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to M3LMP:
Sorry Morgan you’ve done it again :slight_smile:
The quote is from the original ‘olde english’ .
Just as Shakespeare wrote it.
You missed ‘enginer’ as well 5 out of 10 for effort :slight_smile:
The petards were for blowing up gates.
Google/Wikipedia

"The word petard comes from the Middle French peter, to break wind, from pet expulsion of intestinal gas, from Latin peditum, from neuter of peditus, past participle of pedere, to break wind; akin to Greek bdein to break wind. (Merriam-Webster) Petard remains a French word meaning a firecracker today (in French slang, it means a handgun, or a joint).

The word remains in modern usage in the phrase hoist with one’s own petard, which means “to be harmed by one’s own plan to harm someone else” or “to fall into one’s own trap,” literally implying that one could be lifted up (hoist, or blown upward) by one’s own bomb."

Superb Roger. Works on every level! Enjoyed it.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G3CWI:

Richard, I am twelve and called Morgan, my callsign is M3LMP and I have a license from Ofcom which states the latter, what I dont have is an understanding of your reason to belittle me when it is plainly obvious I havent studied any of the classics at school yet and so wouldnt know the ‘joke’ I do know that petard as originally referred to is a small bomb, infact they sell them in the tabac near our family chalet in Meribel, they are little red bangers, and I thought thats what Roger was speaking about.

Still ticking…not long to go now…tick-tock tick-tock

Morgan
M3LMP

In reply to M3LMP:

Hi, Morgan, I think Richards error is understandable. Your word power is remarkably advanced for your age, I only wish that my kids had been as advanced when they were twelve!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

My Dad is sat with me now and has been on a number of occasions in the past Brian, but that doesnt mean I dont have my own mind, and speak for myself. Strikes me you are a all getting cynical in your old age, and yes I asked my dad for the best words to use there, but my vocabulary has always been extensive, so has my ability to hold a coversation. Dad has never done the baby speak and always spoken to me as an equal and this has been mentioned in my school reports, I can email you copies if you wish. I cant comment on your kids Brian, because I dont know them.
I passed my M3 at the age of 6 years and 3 months, the youngest in the UK so far, I am not stupid and may I ask if you will all stop ganging up on me, or having a dig at me, its not fair or right. If you are trying to have a go at my Dad for things in the past then take it up with him direct and leave me out of it please. If I am not welcome here then just tell me and I will leave.

Morgan
M3LMP

That’s a bit harsh Morgan. Brian just paid you a big compliment.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M3LMP:

I understand your feelings, Morgan, but note that I addressed and complimented you as yourself. Say hello to your Dad for me!

Brian G8ADD