Flickr Photo Pool favourites

I’ve been doing some SOTA catching-up and I’ve been browsing the images in the Summits on the Air Photo Pool on Flickr
Welcome.  This group shows pictures related to the popular Summits on the Air (SOTA) award programme. To submit photos, join the group, upload your photos to Flickr and add them to the group. It is an easy and effective way to show people photos of...
There are some super photos but I’m surprised that no one has made any of them their favourites - well, not recently anyway.

If you haven’t got time to leave a comment but you like a photo, how about clicking the Favourite button. It’s a quick way to say you appreciate the effort the photographer has made to show us their take on a summit. Oh, and you can quickly navigate back to any of your favourites using You -> Your Photostream -> Favourites.

73, Richard

In reply to G4ERP:

Thanks, Richard.

I had forgotten about the group, I’ve just uploaded some pictures from my December 1st expedition.

Colin, M0CGH

In reply to G4ERP:

Thanks Richard for this iniative and taking one of mine for your favorites.
It’s always nice to get feedback to pics and videos!

73 de Chris, OE3CHC

In reply to G4ERP:

Not forgetting of course that the original SOTA photos group started by John GW4BVE is still in existence at Flickr: The SOTA Pool

Also, it is worth a mention that some people lodge their Lake District (G/LD) photos on the WOTA group Flickr: The WOTA Pool
Maybe look there if you want to see what a summit looks like before you activate it… assuming of course there was reasonable visibity at the time the photos were taken. :slight_smile:

73, Gerald G4OIG

P.S. HuMPs also at Flickr: The Summitsbase HuMPs Pool for those in the UK interested in combining the two schemes, possibly to get some added value out of the day.

In reply to G4OIG:

If I want to see what a summit looks like, Gerald, my first recourse is to the Geograph photos on each summit page. There’s usually something useful even on the most remote little tumps in Northern Scotland!

Brian

Every English (G) SOTA summit photographed here:

http://tomread.co.uk

…plus quite a few GW, GI and GM summits too.

My favourite photo from Jimmy 2E0EYP’s 1st time unique activation of each of the 182 G SOTA summits here:

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G4ERP:

Nice thought Richard, I do enjoy browsing the flickr group. Thank you for the fave click, and for working me a few minutes before the photo was taken!

Adrian
G4AZS

In reply to G4OIG:

This is the first I’ve heard of the SOTA flickr group, though I should have guessed it would exist.

I just added a photo from Black Mountain (W6/NC-150). We have a lot of summits named “Black Mountain” in California, over a 100 across 58 counties. Luckily, they aren’t all SOTA summits.

wunder
K6WRU

In reply to K6WRU:

Ah, well as Gerald G4OIG pointed out there are two SOTA photo pools. The one I was browsing is the one linked from the top of the main SOTAWatch page. I see you’ve posted your photo in the other one :slight_smile: It is a strange anomaly having two Flickr groups and I think there are activators who post in both.

73, Richard

In reply to G4ERP:

OK, added to both now. I added to the one described as “original”, I’ve never browsed the link from sotawatch.org.

wunder
K6WRU

In reply to K6WRU:

Hi Wunder

The one to post to is the one with a link on SOTAwatch at the top. That way people will see the photos!

Welcome.  This group shows pictures related to the popular Summits on the Air (SOTA) award programme. To submit photos, join the group, upload your photos to Flickr and add them to the group. It is an easy and effective way to show people photos of...

Richard
G3CWI