FL/VO from 4/9 - 8/9. F/AB-001+I/VA-002 from 11/9 - 19/9

Hi Tonni,
Thanks for the S2S call today. I was running 50W to a dipole at 5 m. The wx was very windy. I abandonded the other bands, the pole was bending severely and whistling in the wind. I am pleased to say I was able to correctly copy your ref at your “super speed” CW. My summitis was a pointy mountain requiring a 5 km ascent in wind and rain but I can award you 6 summit points!
Thank you
David G(W)0EVV/P

Hi Tonni,
I should have added, good luck with Mont Blanc, A friend climbed it a couple of years ago (2nd attempt). He came back with tales of snow chutes and cold nights in a tent waiting for the right opportunity.73

David
G0EVV

I’m back home and made a nice impression for this SOTA week.
It was a no-go for the Mont Blanc and the Gran Paradiso. Maybe next year.
But I had a vy nice week.
Here is an impression :

Again, thanks all chasers.

73, Tonnie - PA9CW.

8 Likes

Thanks Tonnie, a most enoyable film, it was great to see the Vosges summits again close up and other areas of France I haven’t yet been to. What a fabulous tour you had OM with some very varied endurances, day after day, well done.

73 Phil G4OBK

3 Likes

Phil,

thanks for the comment. :slight_smile: Sure it was a very nice Tour. Also the weather and the environment were wonderful. The F/AB summits were tough, but I made it. I had a good time. And will be going back again for the remaining summits to activate.

Thanks for your calls.

Thanks Tonnie, a great video. Tell me, what was the little computer you used? A great setup you used.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

Geoff,

the laptop I use is a GPD 7 inch touchscreen with WIN-10 and running N1MM.
I also use it for Flora and Fauna activations. The weather must be dry :slight_smile:

73, Tonnie - PA9CW

1 Like