First spot!

Well congratulations to Karen 2E0XYL for getting out on the 1st day of the UK Winter bonus.

I can only assume the WX in N. Wales is more benign than here. It’s about -3C which is nothing really. Except we had another 14cms of snow last night, 3cms during the morning and the non-drift depth in my garden is upto 47cms. That’s 18.5 inches in old money! Honda RT4WD still doing the business though.

Here’s to a successful activation.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Yes,well done to those that braved the elements today!

Andy-RT4WD? I happen to work in a Honda franchise and not seen one of those beasties for years.

WX not been as bad through on the West side although lots of snow & ice.Temp currently -3 and expecting a balmy -14 during the night.

Graeme. 2M0GIL

In reply to 2M0GIL:

Andy-RT4WD?

Not the old 91 Civic RT4WD, a CR-V Mk2 Petrol.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Thanks, Andy. Having booked a couple of SOTA days off work some weeks ago - Neil and I just had to get up somewhere! The Horseshoe Pass was surprisingly good, temperature was -2C at the car with a couple of inches of snow on the ground - around 4 inches and drifting in places nearer the top. Somewhat colder on the summit, especially when it started snowing heavily again!

Not many chasers around but many thanks to the following:

G6ODU Bob
M1DDD Nick
G3UDA Ken
GW0WWQ Hugh
GW7AAV Steve
GW0WTT Paul

An enjoyable walk and our first winter bonus.

Karen & Neil
2E0XYL & 2E0TDX

In reply to 2E0XYL:

Karen & Neil,

Sorry I missed you but I didn’t see any alerts when I checked & my 2m Rig is mainly monitoring 144.8MHz while I’m playing with APRS these days.

Congratulations on your first Winter Bonus.

Colin.

In reply to 2E0XSD:

Thanks Colin…It’s been a while since we’ve heard you, but I’m sure we’ll catch you at some time soon…Hope you and ‘the family’ are all well!..All the best, N & K.