First impressions

Hi Jon,

First impressions are vey good, I like it a lot.

Not had time to read all the previous posts yet, just wondering if, on the final version, colour will be different on spots for the first hour (as on the old regime), and if your own spots will be a different colour when the edit/delete option becomes available.

I notice that if you delete something on the old sota spots, it deletes on the new one when it refreshes, so delete is still possible HI.

Looks very,very impressive. I do like the reflector info down the right-hand side contrary to some other opinions.

Thank you so much for the hard work that you have put in on this.

PS Nice to have accurate timing on spots.
PPS Can’t ‘break’ anything so far, but will keep trying

Regards, Mike

In reply to G4BLH:

Thanks for the feedback Mike.

Good point on the colours. I am open to suggestions on this. Especially, the idea of having a different colour for your own spots/alerts which I hadn’t thought about.

What are other people’s thoughts here? Did we like the red spots/alerts in SW1?

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

I always found the different colour spots annoying - not when they arrived, but when they turned from red to black at the end of the time parameter. That always triggered WebMon as a change, technically correct, but totally useless!

If you can find a way to avoid that, I’d be happy to have different colours.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:
I would settle for just my own spots being a different colour (to make it easy for me to ‘spot’ HI) if that was a problem.

73 Mike

In reply to G3VQO:

Les, using the webmon snippet should avoid this.

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

In that case, the red spots are probably a good idea as, first thing in the morning, it will show when the new day’s spots start arriving.

73 de Les

In reply to G3VQO:

OK, at the moment we have:

Own spots - white background
Spots in last 30 mins - red time

I haven’t though very hard about the asthetics of this so any suggestions for improvements welcome!

The code is there so it’s easy to vary the colors, elements to color and the time periods.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Red on spots for last half hour looks fine; white background on own spots not just as easy to pick out, would prefer my own callsign to show up in a different colour, but thats just my preference. I’ll be happy with whatever suits folks (and does’nt increase your workload HI). It isn’t that important.
It will probably be obvious which are my own spots when the delete/edit function is added.

Regards, Mike G4BLH

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
That looks fine to me Jon :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

In my opinion the red spots are not necessary in general but it can be helpful to mark the own spots/alerts in red, especially in case of editing or correcting something.

73, Steffen

That looks great Jon. Many thanks yet again.

Now, if you could delete my test spot …

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:

If you delete it from the old sotawatch spot, it seem to delete it from this one Les
Regards, Mike

In reply to G3VQO:
You can delete it yourself in SOTAWATCH 1 Les

Roger G4OWG

Thanks guys. I just had to remember how to find SOTAwatch1 now that I have deleted the shortcut! All done now.

73 de Les

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
Whole thing seems very good indeed,Just one request.When posting an alert would it be possible after typing in G LD for example, to be able to right click to the LD listing to check the number? I can never remember them and our list is always missing :-)Just a thought, the whole thing is very impressive.
Congrats and 73
Rob
G4RQJ

Hi, thanks for bringing me on board. Overall impression is good and I haven’t found any un-reported problems so far. One suggestion - How about having a button on the alerts to spot a station? You would only have to edit the frequency/mode and comments which could make things quicker and easier.
The reason I ask is that in busy times when there have been several stations active I have noticed one or two that never got spotted. Jumping from frequency to frequency and band to band sometimes leaves one or two operators out in the cold and the only reason is that it takes me so long to enter all the details. It would also avoid a lot of silly typos on callsign and summit references that creep in when spotting one station while working another.

Regards Steve GW7AAV
http://gw7aav.googlepages.com

In reply to G4BLH:

It will probably be obvious which are my own spots when the
delete/edit function is added.

I think this is the answer Mike. I’ll try and get this done this week. Then one’s own spots will become clear.

73, Jon