First canadian SOTA activation, sept 1st

In reply to M1MAJ:

I think the pitfalls are human interface problems rather than technical issues.

Good. That’s what I thought too. It’s not even a difficult challenge. Un*x and its friends have been converting the displayed time of their filesystems from an internal format to local time since eons back. Stuff like Outlook/Exchange convert times from its calendar to and from local time so that you can schedule meetings around the world without having to figure out any offsets.

Of

A time zone is more than just an offset; you need to specify the daylight >savings time rules as well.

You don’t say! TZ for each association and a TZ for each user. As it’s fashionable to speek likes meerkats… simples!

Andy
MA0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Stuff like Outlook/Exchange convert times from its calendar to and
from local time so that you can schedule meetings around the world
without having to figure out any offsets.

They don’t get it quite right though. In my local time zone, 2009-10-25 01:30 occurs twice. I just created an Outlook/Exchange appointment for that time, and it didn’t ask me which one I meant. I don’t know which one it chose.

In reply to M1MAJ:

Hi all

Unfortunately, weather not good. Postponed sept 2nd, but for shorter time, 1500 UTC to 1930 UTC.
14060, 14070, 10116, 7030, 14285

In reply to VA2SG:

Canada had its first SOTA activation yesterday. I was on the air from 1600 UTC to 1915 UTC, had too many things scheduled that day. Rain made me postpone this activation.

HA7UG was the very first SOTA contact in VE land at 1610 UTC, 20m CW. Tnx to all who called.

The souvenir video is here: VE2/SG-002 Premier First SOTA Canada - YouTube

73 and cu for the next one.
JP VA2SG

In reply to VA2SG:
I took my rig and key to work and listened to no avail. With 3 assocations on the east coast I think I should install it permenently.
Much praise on your success, JP.
Stu- KI6J

In reply to VA2SG:
Excellent activation video JP.

When we have a few more sunspots I hope to have a SOTA Summit to Summit, PFR-3 to PFR-3 QSO!

S2S would be fun but challenging today but I’ll look forward to it.

Again… well done!

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G0AZS:
I did bring the yellow box and made 1 QSO on 30 meters with it. It just GOT to take part of it hi! … and drains battery less than the 817…

Tnx all for kind comments.

Congratulations dear Jean-Pierre.
Fine to hear SOTA out of european borders.
See you next …
73 QRO
Roger