First 60m CW s2s?

This morning, whilst on Crowborough G/SE-007, I worked G4ASA/P on 5260 CW. Dave was on G/SP-017 Billinge Hill. It set me wondering if this is the first s2s using sixty metres CW. A quick look through the database suggest that it is, unless you know differently …

It’s nice to think that there are still SOTA “firsts” available so near to home.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:

It might be the first two-way one but Andy MM0FMF/P and I had a partial CW QSO on 60m on 05/06/2011 between G/SE-015 (Cheriton Hill) and GM/CS-038 (An Socach).

I was using my Clansman RT320 and Andy could hear my SSB ok, but he was using an FT-817 and I was having trouble copying him so he switched to CW. I would have switched too, but didn’t have a key for the Clansman with me, If I had it would have been my first SOTA S2S on CW.

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G3VQO:

This morning, whilst on Crowborough G/SE-007, I worked G4ASA/P on 5260
CW. Dave was on G/SP-017 Billinge Hill.

If I’d been 30 minutes earlier on the summit we could have made it three in one day!

Pete

In reply to G3VQO:

It depends Les. If you mean after the start of the S2S award then you may have the first. But I’m sure there are 60m CW S2S QSOs going back a long time.

I’ll have a look when I get a moment.

Andy
MM0FMF