Field Spotter - A mobile spotting utility for outdoor radio

Thanks for the input folks. How keen are you on having the pre-QSY spots go grey, compared to being hidden completely? I was going to add a simple toggle so they are hidden by default, but if you want to see the older ones, you can toggle them on. But if you’re both keen on them being grey, I could make it a three-way switch.

3 Likes

This is a great addition, I like the presentation. And the ability to - whisper it - hide CW, which is no use to me, having tried and failed over decades it’s not gonna happen for me.

Puts the essentials of what I want to know in the right place and eliminates all the stuff I’ve missed or can’t do - thanks for the thought you’ve given to streamlining the *OTA experience!

1 Like

Perhaps in such cases, and before any time-out, the older instance on its’ frequency could be presented in a different color and/or italic combination, a combination which would have a special meaning for the users.

@MM0FMF Animations can now be turned off, and 23/13cm have been added.
@VK3AFW @G4TGJ @DM1CM I have added QSY detection, the default behaviour is to hide old spots, but there is an option to show them, or show them but greyed out.
Hope the new features help, let me know if you have any issues!

Personal view. Flexibility is always best.

Setting for.
All on
Most recent freq/mode only
Most recent color, older in grey

Some people operate regular bands/modes… it allows you to see if maybe they have worked one band but another might be possible later… or are they on the last one they usually use.

1 Like

:+1:

I had a look through the source… an optimisation you could make is only to ask for spots from the services the user is viewing. i.e. if they turn off SOTA spots then don’t request SOTA spots. It’s saves on user data usage and minimises loads on the servers. I didn’t look in depth so maybe you are already doing this.

1 Like

Good idea, now implemented thanks!

Thanks, Ian,
Just had a quick look, wow!