FAO: Andy MM0FMF (GM/SS-049)

Apologies for using this route gents (and ladies!) but I’ve not been able to find an email address for Andy.

Andy: on SS-049, Culter Fell last weekend, were you in Scottish Borders region (or the other one who’s name escapes me - I’m at work without the WAB books).

Graham G4FUJ

In reply to G4FUJ:

Well as you have started a thread we may as well use it!

There is a link on the association status page that has a link to me. But you’d need to know I’m the GM AM and I don’t think many people visit the SOTA website as most activity is on here. By the way, I tested the link the other week and it is valid.

http://www.sota.org.uk/association_status.htm

The email address for SOTA stuff is mm0fmf AT hotmail.com (do the obvious to that address)

As for my location, well I came up Fell Shin from Birthwood and remained West of the boundary fence all the time. So I would say I was in the other one and not Borders. I can’t remember if it is South Lanarkshire or Midlothian either!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Cheers for that.
LAS (SLA?) rings a bell, so South Lanarkshire sounds right.

Noted on the email address.

Next time I hope to know whether you’re on one of those boundary summits in advance and can ask at the time of the QSO!

I couldn’t hear you on your later summit (local broadband noise is S4-5), heard others working you - guess the band may have shortened a bit, they were further north than I.

Graham G4FUJ

In reply to G4FUJ:

I think you’re right about the propagation. This is the 1st time I’ve been QRV so early in the day (1100Z) for a long time and propagation is different to 1300Z which has been a more typical operating time.

I couldn’t work Ken & Christine (GM0AXY,GM4YMM) from Culter Fell at 1100Z but they were strong on Gathersnow Hill. They’re only about 30miles from the summits.

Best DX of the day was Robert G0PEB on IOW who is just a bit further away than Don G0RQL.

Andy
MM0FMF