Fancy A Fast Descent?

These chaps are stark raving mad!!

I don’t think I’ll try it:-)

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

I have long wished for a system that takes back, stores or dissipates in a graded manner, the energy given up on ascent so you don’t have to perform even more work to get down. However, that is plain ridiculous!

You try it first! Let me know how you get on.

All the best, John.

In reply to G4YSS:

I have long wished for a system that takes back, stores or dissipates
in a graded manner, the energy given up on ascent so you don’t have to
perform even more work to get down. However, that is plain
ridiculous!

On skis you can do that to some extend. However the snow can be anything and you might have to ski among ice blocks. And the snow on the mountain can suddenly break under your weight - that is the so called snow avalanche.

There are also some paragliders, who can ski and fly down hill on otherwise impossible slopes. The Greenland ski expedition earlier in spring was using kites to save the effort.

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL

In reply to F5VGL:

When I was on Pike o’ Blisco two weeks ago a guy took off from the summit with a paraglider and eventually landed in Langdale, definately the easiest way of descending - but he had to carry his gear up in the first place!

I don’t know about you, Mike, but I’m definately too heavy to risk one of those flying suits!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

ME? The mind boggles. I just pictured it in my minds eye Brian and it took me quite a while to stop laughing. I mean me just wearing the suit, never mind flying, hi.

No thanks Brian, perish the thought.

Mike

Never mind using something like that on the descent, how about getting from summit to summit? 10 pointer to 8 pointer then on to a 6 then a 4 to 2 and 1 before finally landing back at the car all with one ascent.

Got to admit the video scared the socks off me watching but I still would love to have the bottle to do it. After all didn’t every kid want to fly like Superman.

Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW0DSP:

oh my God, I prefer it to stay on earth:

Merry Xmas and happy 2009
Fritz DL4FDM,HB9CSA

In reply to HB9CSA:

I’m not too sure who is the craziest Fritz, the flyer or the rider. I think I will just plod on on foot, hi.

73 Merry Xmas and happy 2009

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
You thought these chaps where mad,
Then check this one out, will put g1ink, m0sgb and even the whippet(2e0pxw) to shame,

Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0SGB:

The legend that was Dan Osman, may he rest in peace. He was only 35 when he proved that he was not quite as good as he thought he was. Gravity 1 Dan 0.

His videos are still awesome but not worth the price he paid.

Don’t try this at home or anywhere else in fact.

Steve GW7AAV