F/PE-017 Puigmal activation

This activation was part of my short vacation on the Mediterranean sea. Puigmal d’Err 2910 m is on the border of Catalonia and France. Most of the hikers were greeting with ‘ola’ though there were also few ‘bonjours’. The climb is about 1000 m up without major difficulties. The wind was strong, but there were plenty of stones to stabilize my antenna mast. CQ 0936 UTC on 10118 kHz. Thanks to G4ELZ for spotting. Some of the signals on 30 m were really weak - perhaps due to the strong wind I had problems to copy them. On 7032 kHz after a few QSOs I am confused since there seems to be an other activation going on though I do not hear who it is. So I QSY to 14045 kHz 1018 UTC, but nobody there.

Next is the PSK31 on 7036 kHz. I connect my IPAQ through small interface box to ATS3B and tape the ear plug on the microphone hole of the IPAQ. Due to the strong wind the waterfall is red on all frequencies and I can not solve the problem on the hill. I sent a few CQs, but it was impossible to receive any PSK31 signals.

Sunday activation to F/PE-085 was cancelled due to limited time. I did not have internet connection to remove it from the SOTA Alerts.

Photos: f5vgl | Flickr

Map: IGN 2250ET

Radio: ATS3B abt 3 W, T1 ATU, loop 3 x 12 m

APRS: http://aprs.fi/?call=F5VGL-7

In reply to F5VGL:
Congratulations Jaakko !
1000m to climb, this is a nice SOTA (Montain + radio ) !
73 Alain F6ENO

Hello Jaakko.
Only one word: WUNDERBAR !
73 Roger

I was testing the digimodes again with ATS3B last Monday, see the photos f5vgl | Flickr . There was something wrong with the audio on last Sunday activation, but I could recover the normal levels during the testing.

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL

In reply to F5VGL:
Hello
magnifiques photos jaakko! merci encore pour toutes tes activations
73’s qro
f5nep
Lionel