EQSL Query

I know that a number of active SOTA activators use EQSL (as I have some QSL’s from them), so I have a question as to how those that do manage log entries and such uploaded to EQSL.

Over time I have configured a number of different ‘aliases’ on EQSL all linked to the same email address so that I can have entries for ‘GW0LGS/P’, ‘G0LGS’, ‘G0LGS/P’ etc with relevant information shown on the ‘cards’ for each one, however with several SOTA activations now from different summits it seems daft having to create different EQSL ‘aliases’ for ‘G0LGS/P’ and ‘GW0LGS/P’ etc, so that each one can have the correct Locator and other information shown on the QSL card.

However, EQSL seems to try to force you into this by making the Locator a required field for the ‘alias’ (which cannot be readily changed once configured), where-as the relevant information is already available in the ADIF file that I upload from my logging software.

Has anyone found a way of managing different settings in EQSL more effectively? Or do you just ignore the fact that the locator information is wrong?

In reply to G0LGS:

Has anyone found a way of managing different settings in EQSL more
effectively? Or do you just ignore the fact that the locator
information is wrong?

I recommend Logbook of The World though you will not get the graphics if that is what you want. More robust IMO. I am also familiar with these unix/linux kind of systems.

BTW the LoTW accepts IOTA references already but not yet SOTA references.

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL

In reply to G0LGS:

Hi Stewart,

I have several aliases on eQSL, attached to my home call. They all have my home station locator etc. which appears on the eQSL card, the summit info can always be added by editing the qsos in the outbox of the relevant log.

Pete, M0COP

Hi Stewart …

but you can hide the QTH Locator and write it into the remark line. Or let it do your logging software.

73, Mario