I had a number of years of paper loggings Walt, albeit admittedly not 52 hi! What I did was enter certain select logs from this archive into my Logger32, and these have therefore followed into eQSL and LOTW. Basically, if it was a new entity on any given band/mode combination, it went in. If not, it remains a paper log!
My recent effort to synchronise my Logger32 logbook with eQSL was mainly a training exercise, so that I could become familiar with the ADIF format, the conversion process, and the possible pitfalls and “learning by my mistakes” - of which there have been many. It has worked though, and I am now up-to-date on eQSL and LOTW, and pretty confident at using Logger32 in conjunction with eQSL and LOTW, as well as the SOTA Database.
I have noticed that all the “My SOTA” fields, ie the summit I was on for a QSO, are in the Comments field on Logger32. This came from the format when I used a utility to convert my Database activator log into a Logger32 ADIF. I realise now that the Comments field is not so useful for this purpose, and it would be better in USER_1. So at some point I will try to move them all over, while taking care not to change/reset the eQSL/LOTW flags!
One useful by-product that has come out of this process is the highlighting of errors in my SOTA Activator Log. For instance, well-known SOTA chaser Graham G3OHC rejected my eQSL this morning with the comment that my activation of Cracoe Fell G/NP-032 was on 7th February 2009, not the 6th!
Sure enough, Graham was spot on, and I have now followed the very quick process to download that activation, edit the dates in Excel, delete the activation and upload the correct version.
It has all been a very interesting process, particularly when my DXCCs confirmed suddenly shot up to 77!