Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

EI/IS Activations 14/09 - 21/09

I will be active from West Cork at the southern end of EI/IS every day next week from Saturday 14/09 to 21/09. A solo SOTA trip, I’m planning to increase my uniques score with the main priority being first activations on:

IS-025 Caherbarnagh
IS-039 Knocknamanagh
IS-049 Shehy More
IS-051 Nowen Hill
IS-058 Mullaghmesa
IS-063 Douce
IS-064 Doughill Mountain
IS-090 Milane Hill
IS-102 Cashloura

Activity will mainly be on 40/30/20m cw/ssb, although wx prospects are good with forecasts of good tropo conditions, so I will also bring a small 5-el beam for 2m. I should be visible on aprs while hiking.

73 John EI3KA

1 Like

John,

Nice to hear. I will try to chase you. Between my work :crazy_face:. 40 mtrs CW must be no problem I believe. Ireland is vy nice for SOTA. I love it.
Good luck es hpe 2 work U.

73, Tonnie

Hi Tonnie,

For sure, I will be on 40m CW - looking forward to contacts with you over the next week or so. The area I’ll be based is in the the Shehy Mountains near Bantry in County Cork. There are a number of SOTA summits in the area that have never been activated. Access is via very narrow roads with no parking (we call them ‘boreens’). I’m going to cycle these from the nearest available parking spot.

1 Like