EI/IS-050 Torc Mountain and EI/IS-127 Carhoo Hill last week Jan 2019

Hi friends,

just a few shots from last week in Ireland. I only managed to activate 2 summits but that was a lot of fun. As already mentioned in the original topic (http://reflector.sota.org.uk/t/looking-for-advice-southwestern-ireland-around-kerry-tralee/19065/18) I had no problem with all my gear in the Ryanair cabin luggage.

EI/IS-050 Torc Mountain 01/Jan/2019 - condx sucked, but I wkd:
@2E0WDX /M, @IK2LEY, @EI3KA /P (S2S), @EA2CKX, EA2CE, @SA4BLM
EI_IS_050_Torc_Mountain_QSO_map

Minutes before the YL told me to leave: :joy:

We needed 4,5h from the parking lot to the top and back. Great to chat with EI3KA/p some 30km away on EI/IS-095 on 7 MHz, 14 MHz and 145 MHz.

The next day we took EI/IS-127 Carhoo Hill 02/Jan/2019 with great condx. Worked a lot US and VE:

Thank you GM6ZAK EA2CKX EA2DT G0VWP G4AFI M7AFI DL5AWI G3OCA IK2LEY DG1NPM F4HZR S54KD DL3KZA @AB4PP @N4EX @AA1VX SV2RUJ/P @VE1WT SP9ETA @KB9ILT (18 MHz !)

Soon more on my website www.dk9jc.de. I can highly recommend Ireland. What a great landscape!

73 de John, DK9JC

6 Likes

Well done!
Thanks for the summits…Beatiful pictures!
73s Fabio IK2LEY

Hi John,

I’m glad you enjoyed your short trip over here. Thanks for the report - great photos. This was the view from EI/IS-095 looking in your direction…

Unfortunately I wasn’t on the hills on Wednesday for your activation from Dingle as this turned into a family day out. I did see your spots and I could see that you were having fun. You were extraordinarily lucky with the weather. I activated 2 summits on Thursday but by then it was much windier.
73 John EI3KA

EI/DK9JC/P

Hi John, I did my best to chase you but being so close on the West Coast of Wales could not hear you. Heard NA working you. Also tried calling you on 145.500 FM a few times. Glad your trip went well. Maybe catch you on your next trip over.

73’ Don GW0PLP IO72

EI3KA/P

John, also chased you and heard you on 7mhz SSB but could not get through your pile up guess again I was to close and my signal weak. When ever I see your spots I look for you just in case I can hear you.

73’ Don GW0PLP IO72