EI/GI trip & 250 uniques

In reply to M1EYP:

Congratulations to both You & Jimmy on a successful trip. It was very nice to work you on 40m CW when you were on GI/CA-001, & such a good signal too!

From my still quite limited CW skills I think I could still detect that you were enjoying that activation from your sending :wink:

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:

That’s right Mark - ISTR sending to you that I was celebrating my 250th activator unique from Slieve Gullion! Thanks for the congratulations - we had a great time.

In reply to EI2CL:

Yes, 40m gave really reliable inter-G copy throughout the week, and uncharacteristically large numbers of G (etc) stations were in the logs, as well as the usual DL (etc) stations. It was a good job that 40m was uncharacteristically good for inter-UK, because 80m was uncharacteristically poor, even in the early mornings.

My one regret of the trip is doing 80m on Croslieve GI/CA-004. I only got 4 distinct stations in my log, and the summit had never before been activated. I should have done 40m, got a full logbook, and given all the chasers the opportunity to grab the new one. But hindsight is a great thing - I thought I was doing the right thing with 80m - it’s just that it turned out that I was wrong…! So as it stands, only 8 different people, including just 6 regular SOTA chasers, have ever worked GI/CA-004. Any prospective activator taking 40m CW up there is sure of a big pile-up! It’s rather a nice walk as well.

Tom M1EYP