Easter 23cms fun

I’ve just spotted an alert from Gerald G4OIG and Paul G4MD that they’ll be on Seatallan LD-025 on Easter Monday. The WX forecast is not bad for up here so time to find a summit where 23mcs is guaranteed to work. Yeah, I’ll make and effort to take the battery this time too!

A check on the panoramas website shows a lot of summits are LOS to Seatallan. One of which is Cairnsmore of Carsphairn SS-038 which is where I will be. There’s a fair number of summits in England that are LOS to Carsphairn too. There’s a list at the end of this message.

So it seems to me that it would be nice if a few of the 23cms capable activators could be on some of those summits making some G-GM, G-GW, G-G and GM-GM contacts a strong possibility.

If you think you’ll be QRV just tag a comment on this thread.

Seatallan LOS summits:

G: Muncaster Fell, Black Combe, Illgil Head, Harter Fell, Old Man of Conniston, Scafell Pike, Helvellyn, Great Gable, Fairfield, High Raise, Dent, Pillar, FFair Snape Fell

GW: Aran Fawddy, Arenig Fawr, Moel Eilio, Snowdon, Carnedd Llewelyn, Moel Siabod, Moel Fammau,

GI: Divis

GD: Snaefell

GM: Blackcraig Hill, Windy Standard, Cairnsmore of Carsphairn, Bengairn, Corserine, Merrick, Millfore, Cairnharrow, Cairnsmore of Fleet, Lamachan Hill.

Cairnsmore of Carsphairn LOS summits:

G: Skiddaw, Helvellyn, Great Gable, Pillar, Haycock, Black Combe, Cross Fell, Nine Standards Rig, Blencathra. Plus many GM summits.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Woooo! Count me in. We intend to be down in Gatehouse until Monday, so I will probably manage Cairnharrow (again) - nothing more strenuous since we’ll be heading back later in the day. I’ll alert for Cairnharrow, the S2S will be good if we can get them!

John GM8OTI

In reply to MM0FMF:

I somehow doubt I would make it from G/CE-005 Wendover Woods but there is always 5meg. Good luck with the S2S Andy.

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hmmm,
I’m out with XYL - no radio… :o(

73 Graham G4FUJ