EA6/G4OBK/P EA6/IB iza for a week commencing 18 October 2015

Thank you everyone for the interest in my holiday / SOTA trip to Ibiza two weeks ago. There was no shortage of chaser and S2S contacts and the cross mode situation added another dimension to my operating for those chasers who attempted cross mode QSOs - well done those who made it into my log, it was worth the effort on both sides!

The problem with my Yaesu FT-817 on phone was indeed the insert in the microphone which I have changed today.

Thanks to Ed DD5LP who when he was taking part in the G/TW Funday last week, gave me a spare mic insert he had for the MH-31 Yaesu Microphone. The old mic insert which went kaput goes back to 2006, as does the radio, so if I can get 10 years out of Ed’s insert it could well outlast my interest in SOTA, or old age may succomb and keep me off the hills anyway by 2026…only time will tell. I am 63 this month…

When I have written my blog report on the EA6/IB & FO tour I will return to the thread and alert you. I am currently half way through writing up my OK Czech trip in September. This all takes time, but I should catch up by Xmas!

73 Phil G4OBK

Well I said I would catch up my blog reporting on my holiday SOTA tour of Ibiza for Christmas - I almost did it. I still need to blog my report of the first SOTA Activation of Formentera EA6/IB-001, which was activated on a side trip from Ibiza on our next to last day there - I’ll write that one up before the New Year!

Meawhile, I have finished off writing up the five summits I activated on Ibiza Island:

CATTERBLOG

This leaves 6 remaining summits on the island which have yet to be activated. I want to go there again and put them on the air - will anyone out there beat me to it? Tourist flights don’t start from the UK until late April 2016. It’s on my list but there are other priorities also in 2016, like possible visits to Poland, Slovakia and another visit to the Czech Republic.

73 and Merry Xmas

Phil

1 Like

I have some Polish summits near the DL border that I’ve earmarked for later in 2016. But they depend on a business trip to Berlin in October taking place.