EA2IF 30,000 Chaser Points

Well done Guru.
Enhorabuena!

1 Like

Dear Ron, thank you for this thread. It was a nice surprise.
I enjoy chasing as well as activating. These two activities are different but I really enjoy both. Since I started SOTA at the end of 2013, 95% or more QSOs in my log are SOTAā€™s.
Since last April, Iā€™m off work fighting and trying to overcome my rectum cancer and this has taken me off the pleasure of activating distant mountains involving long or harder hikes. I have been lately activating nearby drive-ups and some short & easy hike ones. On the other hand, being off work has given me much more time for chasing, so my chaser points score has significantly increased over these months.
Setting up my remote station at the end of last year was definitely providencial, as this has given me a lot of chasing enjoyment over this long period of cancer fighting, which I wouldnā€™t have had with the endfed antenna I initially installed at our rental appartment balcony. The use of my remote station has been giving me big satisfactions so far. I enjoy very much chases accross the Pond for the challenge of pulling the sometimes extremely weak signals coming from thousands of Km away with my currently unable to rotate yagi permanently beaming West.
On the other hand, the fact of not being able to rotate my yagi together with my geographical location at the West of Europe, make things harder for me when I want to chase most of the European activators on 20m. Instead of my yagi, I have to use my poorer performer multiband dipole. Chasing with the multiband dipole becomes harder but not impossible.
I usually have a low noise floor at the remote QTH. However, this is not always the case, as I sometimes have some neighbours switching ON LED lamps and some other unknown QRM making devices which produce high QRM forcing me to QRT until they switch them off. These problems usually arise in my evenings and Iā€™ve missed a good number of NA chases due to these QRM making devices. Big shameā€¦:frowning:
The mornings are usually QRM free and I enjoy chasing European activators on different bands, which is sometimes even more difficult for me than chasing NA due to the weak signals Central Europe activators are putting for me on 20 and 40m for someone living in a Western peripheric Country and also due to the bigger pileups formed in Europe.
Believe it or not, Iā€™m not really working to get the points, Iā€™m just chasing every activator I can copy when Iā€™m in the shack. I know well how much welcome each and every chaser are when Iā€™m activating and thatā€™s why I enjoy chasing and giving a call to all activators I can copy. The points just arrive automatically when I upload my logs to the database, but I donā€™t really look for them.
Thanks for the activations and in general for all the QSOs. Iā€™m sure weā€™ll have many more QSOs in the future.

Thanks Ariel,
I learnt that expresion long ago from a newyorker work mate I met when I worked in Sterling Heights, MI, who is since then a good friend of mine.
I also hope to chase you and be chased by you many more times in the future.

Thank you John, Iā€™d also like to be chasing VK activators, as I did quite some time ago, but Iā€™m afraid this wonā€™t be possible for now, not only for the tough propagation conditions but also because my remote station is not yet ready to rotate my yagi antenna. This is in my to-do list but I donā€™t think it will happen before mid next year, closest, if Iā€™m lucky.
Who knows, may be we will have the pleasure of making some S2S QSO during the next EU<>VK S2S event. Iā€™ll be looking forward to it.

Thanks Dean, yes, those chases on 40m were very special to me too.
These are the two occassions in which weā€™ve made it on 40m.
imagen
imagen
imagen
At that time I was living in my owned house and I was able to use the TL-922 amplifier. At the moment, I cannot remotely operate the TL-922, but Iā€™ve sometimes been thinking about selling it and getting some other solid state linear amplifier which I could operate remotely. Again, this is in my to-do list. Weā€™ll see next yearā€¦

Thank you JohnPaul AB4PP,
Itā€™s nice having you around SOTA as I remember you very well when we worked each other during the ARCl QSO Party contests. I was living in EA4 South of Madrid at that time and I remember making QRP QSOs on 20 and 15m. I donā€™t remember if we made it on 10m too. I donā€™t work any contest right now but Iā€™ll be looking forward to making many more SOTA QSOs with you.

Thank you, John K6YK, We have made a couple of QSOs. One was in 2008 CQ WW CW contest and the other just last August 19th, although it wasnā€™t a SOTA QSO but a ragchewing one. I guess I was using my remote station, so barefoot 100W into my TH5-DX yagi. Donā€™t desperate about the points, just keep chasing while you enjoy it and they will sum up. My philosophy is trying to at least log a SOTA QSO each day. Some few days I donā€™t, but some other special days I log more than 25ā€¦ Iā€™ll be more than pleased and look forward to being chased by you some day.

Thank you, John N0EVH. The feel when we make QSO is mutual and I feel happy for that. Iā€™ll be looking forward to making many more SOTA QSOs with you.

Thanks Scotty KG3W. You have chased me 12 times so far and I often hear you chasing while Iā€™m chasing too from home. You are usually a very good signal hear and itā€™s a big pleasure whenever I hear you. I hope to be able to chase you some day if you activate.

Dear Markus HB9DIZ, thank you very much. According to my log, Iā€™ve chased you 5 times on SSB and youā€™ve never chased me. You speak about 7 timesā€¦ Weā€™ll have to investigate this privately to try to find the 2 missing ones in my log. I work both CW and SSB but I must say SSB is not an easy mode for me when chasing. The activators putting very weak signals which are hardly but finally worked on CW, are not copyable at all on SSB. Other reason is that shouting out loud to the microphne for the rig on SSB to put out the maximum possible power is highly disturbing to my family at home, so I try to avoid or minimize it when they are around. CW is much more family friendly :slight_smile:
Iā€™ll be looking forward to chasing you many more times in the future.

Thank you, Bob AC1Z, either myself chasing you or you chasing me, weā€™ve got 64 SOTA QSOs so far and after so many QSOs, whenever I hear you I have the feel of copying a good old friend. Thank you so much, Bob and Iā€™m sure weā€™ll keep chasing each other many more times in the future.

Thank you, Keith KR7RK. Itā€™s is also very exciting to me whenever I get to copy a Western american activator. If I call and I get picked up until completion of a QSO, then the pleasure is sublime. 18 times Iā€™ve got such pleasure with you and Iā€™ll be looking forward to chasing you many more times in the future.

Not that much at all! You made me feel :blush:
Thank you Mark. I hope to chase you more often in the future.

Merci Roger F5LKW. 33 times Iā€™ve chased you and youā€™ve chased me 11 times. After so many QSOs, you are also like an old good friend to me and Iā€™m sure weā€™ll keep adding QSOs by chasing each other many more times in the future.

Thanks Scott WB8ICQ. It was hard work for me to make it through the US pile up yesterday Nov 12th. I gave you a 329 but you rather were a 429 with just some QSB. The QSO with KI4TN putting me just accross the 30K points line was my last chase of the day before, Nov 11th. I only chased 3 European chasers and 1 in Africa (EA8) yesterday before I chased you being also my last chase of the day. Iā€™ll be looking forward to chasing you many more times in the future.

Thank you Armin DL6GCA, I hope to chase you more often in the future.

Dear Don G0RQL. Thank you so much for your 67 chases. I hope to have the pleasure to give you something back by chasing you some day.

Thanks Peter OE5AUL and Sylvia OE5YYN. 17 times Iā€™ve chased you and 2 S2S with you, Peter. 13 times Iā€™ve chased Sylvia, and 2 S2S plus 5 times Sylvia has chased me.
Great nice QSOs. I hope to keep adding more and more QSOs with you two to my log.

Thanks Woody K1LB. According to my log, weā€™ve never made QSO, so I look forward to doing it soon and then repeating many more times.

Thanks Graeme M0OAT, Iā€™ve chased you 10 times and youā€™ve chased me twice. I hope to keep adding more and more QSOs with you into my log.

Thank you Karen W4KRN, according to my log youā€™ve chased me 3 times but I have never chased you, so I donā€™t know if itā€™s because you donā€™t activate or just because we havenā€™t found the right chance yet. Anyhow, I look forward to having the pleasure of chasing you soon.

Gracias Ɓngel M0HDF, 7 times Iā€™ve chased you and weā€™ve made 3 S2S, while youā€™ve chased me 13 times. The last time I chased you was in March 2016 and I fear this is because you are not activating much lately. Iā€™ll be looking forward to chasing you again very soon. Give 88 to Eva and the kids. 73 and a warm hug to you my friend.

Thank you also to Eric F5JKK, Ed DD5LP, Andy MM0FMF, Kjetil LB4FH, Paul HB9DST, Andrew VK1DA, Manuel HB9DQM, Peter ON4UP, Mirko S52CU and Andrew VK3ARR for your likes on the original post.

Thanks all and 73,

Guru

2 Likes

Guru.
Un gran logro. Enhorabuena y un fuerte abrazo !!!

Dani EA5FV

1 Like

Congratulation Guru !
thanks for many QSO !

Ivica 9a6cw

1 Like

Bonjour Guru
FĆ©licitations pour ce challenge.
Cordiales 73
AndrƩ f5ukl

1 Like

Congrats Guru for this great achievement!
Thank you for cw qsos.

Roberto iw2obx

1 Like

Congrats, Guru. Tnx for the qsos in these 26 months.
Cuagn soon from another summit!
73 de Fabio, IK2LEY

1 Like

Hi Guru

my congratulations - it is always a pleasure to work you. Hope to hear you many more times. Good luck to you es cu soon again.
73 s Bruno HB9CBR

1 Like

Many Congratulations Guru. You are both an exceptional Chaser and an exceptional Activator. One of the few that achieve much in both spheres. It is always a pleasure to work you. All the best for the future.

73, Gerald G4OIG / G8CXK

1 Like

Congrats Guru!

Allways happy to work you with or without /p :slightly_smiling_face:

73, Mario DJ2MX (9A4MX,NƘMX,E73DX)

1 Like

Wow! FB. Looking forward to many more QSOs with you!

Jack
5B/AI4SV

1 Like

Hi Markus,
Alles klar! I queried my Logger32 program about QSOs with HB9DIZ and that produced the answer of 5 QSOs,
imagen
but I didnā€™t realise that I also chased you when you were in DL:
imagen
and also when you were in OE:
imagen
So, this makes a total of 8 QSOs.
Iā€™ll be looking forward to chasing you again soon.

Guru

Hi Guru

You had 5, I had 7. Now you have 8 and I still have 7. Iā€™ll investigate, hi . . . What a wonderful world!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

Congratulation Guru :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi Markus,
There are 8 QSOs with me in the file you got from the DB and sent me:
imagen

I checked them all and they all match perfectly with those in my log.
As I said, alles klar!

Guru

1 Like

Congrats Guru! Quite often I hear you chasing activators here in North America, And among those, youā€™re the only EU station I hear.
All Best,
Ken

1 Like

Fantastic Guru, congratulations.

You are in my log 24 times! including two S2S. I hope for many more :smile:.
Malcolm VE2DDZ

1 Like

Hi Malcolm,
Full matching between your log and mine. 24 QSOs, 2 of which S2S.
Iā€™m sure there will be more and very possibly many, many more.

Guru

1 Like

Quite an amazing achievement Guru! You were also in my log yesterday from W1/AM-300 and many other times! Congrats!
Mike NS1TA

1 Like

WOW! Congratulations Guru! You seem to be a signal I hear quite often when I activate!

Kent K9EZ

1 Like