DX heads up with a 27MHz telescopic antenna tuned on 10m

For anyone chasing we have had to bail on Y Garn, gw/nw-004 due to WX - cold/freezing conditions, Horrendous winds, gusting 80mph causing human, equipment and sense of humour failures….

Report will follow.

Bad luck. I’m in Tregarth and it’s been getting gradually grimmer. I missed you on Elidir Fawr, faffing in the shed and time slipped past. I was wondering about conditions on the tops.
Hope you have an uneventful descent. The hills aren’t going anywhere soon.

You may be in luck with DX to South America as it is a 10m DX contest today too, commences at 1200!! Good luck

1 Like

I use a CB telescopic antenna branded as Abree from AliExpress (14€) and works FB for 28mhz. Only must add a radial and deploy the sistem in seconds.

1 Like

Sadly my mast snapped in the wind, tactical mini, so somewhat hampered DX!

Tim, I don’t want to teach you to suck eggs as maybe you already realised this.

But

• be careful of snapped fibreglass/carbon fibre masts as the broken pieces are normally razor sharp and can cause nasty cuts and splinters.
  • save the broken masts as you can use the bits in other antenna projects over the years or as you continue to acquire broken masts, use the pieces to make up one good mast

And, it’s a real pain when this happens. I have yet to have the wind snap one but there’s no need for the wind to do it when I can stupidly reverse over several and destroy them all in one go :cry:

4 Likes