DQRM on 7.0335

If anybody was listening to my activation of OE/ST-223 today and remembers the callsign of the station that DQRM’ed my S2S qso with HB9DST/P, please get in touch:

I believe the callsign was an I1 call, I can’t remember the rest. Basically, he began by sending his call over the top of HB9CLT. When I had the temerity to ignore him and work a QRP S2S, he turned his linear up full and sent 579 TU over the top of HB9DST/P. If possible, I will be reporting him to the management team.
73 de OE6FEG
Matt

1 Like

Well looking at your log upload, and the “Show who chased me option” It looks like a “DL1FU” logged OE/ST-223 as a chase, but he is not in the log you uploaded. not sure if this helps you, but that is one way I sleuth calls that do what you describe…

In this case, it was not a regular chaser, and whilst DL1FU is not in my log (not quite sure what happened there but QRM in general was quite bad today), he logged his call too soon to be the culprit. If the station in question did log the QSO (and I would be amazed if he had the balls to upload it), it would be between 11:47 & 11:49. Unfortunately, I fear this ham is not particularly bothered about SOTA, and even if he could be reported, he probably wouldn’t lose much sleep over a reprimand. Since he gave me 579, I am assuming QSB was not the cause of his behaviour. He took great care to only call over the stations I was working.
73 de OE6FEG
Matt

1 Like

ya’ll sound like you have some cut throat operators over there :wink: GL figuring out the culprit! Get Paul to yell at him too since he was also stepped on…

It was bad here this morning on 20 M on the Costa Rica station!
Lots of lids QRMing every QSO. And the worst of it is some of
them got worked and some of the rest of us did not.

1 Like

But we still got the QSO in our logs! Thanks for the patience and perseverance. And thanks for the S2S!
Paul HB9DST

1 Like

Yes, there is that. I don’t complain very often, and I don’t bother complaining here on the reflector. In fact, I’m quite pragmatic on the whole. But a line was definitely crossed yesterday.
73 Matt

2 Likes

Hi Matt,

I was listening to your pile-up while activating DM/BW-058 but no sign of DQRM until I went QRT (~ 11:40). Maybe it was someone who tripped over your pile-up by chance rather than a regular SOTA chaser?
There were LOTS of stations calling and I was already getting cold. As I estimated the waiting time to be about 15 minutes, I decided to pack in. Sorry that we missed the chance for a S2S-QSO!
Hope to cu on the next one!
73, Roman

Just to be absolutely clear. There was only one instance of DQRM yesterday between between 11:47 and 11:49. Anything happening outside that time was, in my opinion, unintentional. No regular sota chaser (for whom I have the highest regard) was responsible for the DQRM. It was definitely a very loud station with an I1 callsign. It was definitely DQRM!
73 Matt

Hi,
I fully understand the QRM situation. Why, well I chase SOTA with 5W QRP and an only 3m long whip antenna. So competing with QRO stations and all kinds of QRM, QRN and QSB is daily bread for me.