Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Summits | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

DM/BW SOTA Tour.

Hi Tonnie,
My pleasure :wink:

Good luck for next activations.
I came back home and work :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Today was again a nice day for SOTA. i activated 4 summits:
DM/BW-041 DM/BW-058 DM/BW-852 DM/BW-089
I made 89 QSO’s. And some S2S. On DM/BW-058 I had not many chasers, and RBN signal was vy low < 10 dB. Best QSO/DX was at DM/BW-089, TF3DX/p from TF/SV-006 on 20 meters.
I walked 17.3 km and 895 hm. Temperature about 26 C.

Tomorrow driving home. On the way home, I will activate some summits. Alert will follow.

Thanks all chasers, CU tomorrow.
73 - Tonnie - PA9CW.

5 Likes

Today, on the way back home I activated 2 summits. DM/BW-054 and DM/BW-385.
Made 56 QSO’s and two S2S. Weather was great and the view from Hohloh Tower was vy nice.
I walked 12.1 km and 545 hm.
A lot of traffic on the road, so I was vy late back home. But I had a great time the last 6 days in DM/BW. I will post the video in a while, when it’s finished. Again, tnx all chasers!!

73 - Tonnie - PA9CW.

6 Likes

Great photos Tonnie.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Indeed DM/BW-054 is a really nice one. Great views! Good range…
Thanks for the photos. Hope you enjoyed your trip…

73s Ingo

1 Like

I made a Youtube video. Enjoy.

73 - Tonnie - PA9CW.

5 Likes

Hi Tonnie, thanks for the great video report. What camera did you use and what type of tablet did you use?

73 de Geoff vk3sq

Geoff,

I use my iPhone Xr as camera. The laptop is a small 7 inch GPD Pocket. It has Windows 10 Home on it, with N1MM. I use a cable for CAT and PTT. It has also a touchscreen. And a vy small optical mouse.
Power is good for about 5 hours. So enough time for a couple of SOTA or Flora and Fauna activations. The weight is about half a kilo.

More details can be found here : GPD Pocket 2 - Parm - Shenzhen GPD Technology Co., Ltd.

1 Like

Hello Tonnie, thanks for camera details and the link to GPD. A great help :grinning:

73 de Geoff vk3sq