DM/BW SOTA Tour.

From 16 till 19 July I will try to activate some ten-pointers in DM/BW region. I will stay in Trossingen.

Planning is:
Way to the hotel : LX/LX-005
First day : DM/BW-066
Second day : DM/BW-845 DM/BW-853 DM/BW-484 DM/BW-856 DM/BW-078
Third day : DM/BW-193 DM/BW-233 DM/BW-235 DM/BW-086
Fourth day : DM/BW-041 DM/BW-058 DM/BW-852 DM/BW-089
Way back home : DM/BW-054 DM/BW-385
It’s just a rough planning. So I will see if it’s possible to activate 4 summits a day. All depends on weather, traffic/road and chasers.
Rig : KX3, CW, QRP and EFHW 40/30/20.

8 Likes

Hi Tonnie,

Good luck !
I hope S2S from OK/ZL :wink:

73, Jarek

1 Like

Hallo

DM/BW-065 in not valid any more

Habe a nice time

73 Armin

1 Like

Armin,

thanks for the tip. It was a typo. Must be DM/BW-055.

73, Tonnie - PA9CW.

Tomorrow I will first activate LX/LX-005, on my way to Trossingen. A new summit since April 1 this year. Only activated 4 times. I will try to be there at around 1000 UTC. All depending on traffic and weather. KX3 - CW - QRP - EFHW 40/30/20.

73, Tonnie - PA9CW.

Jarek, I will try for S2S.
Good luck.

1 Like

Hi Tonnie,

Tnx QSO right now.
Tomorrow hope S2S as stated above :wink:

73, Jarek

1 Like

Hi Tonnie,
2 campings south of LX-city did not accept new guests now, so I make a detour to FL/VO Voges ( Vogezen )
73 de Hans

1 Like

Hi Hans,

Here no flooding. Only rain all day. Good luck in FL/VO.

You were just before th heavy rain, I guess, they did not accept new guests , camping field to wet.
I love DM/BW, I already activated a lot,
73 de Hans

Yesterday I activated LX/LX-005. It was a rainy day, but luckily there is a bird lookout at the summit. So I stayed dry. Not a lot off chasers. I made 28 QSO’s.

Here is the video:

Today I activated DM/BW-066 in the morning. It was dry. But when I wanted to go to the next summit, it was raining heavy. To heavy, so I went to the appartment. Hopefully tomorrow better wx. I walked about 11 km and 550 hm. And made 22 QSO’s. And 3 S2S. Not much chasers.

Thanks all chasers, Tonnie - PA9CW.

4 Likes

Hi Tonnie stay safe and dry :wink: tks for the QSO
73, Éric

1 Like

Thanks for nice video. gl for your activations. wx supposed to get better…
73s Ingo DH5ST

1 Like

Hi Tonnie

The bird lookout looked more like a “shooters lair” to me, but great you could use it to complete the activation of what was a new summit for you. Many of us who have completed SOTA Luxembourg need to go back there now after the inclusion of the new summit, we always refuel the car up there on account of the saving in tax. Last trip I filled up in Schengen near to a DM SOTA summit that was a drive on activation and SOTA picnic - great!

What vile weather you had to endure, but you had good waterproofs to combat it. We were sorry to see the destruction and distress caused by such heavy storms in Germany and in the Benelux also this week. I enjoyed your video as I always do.

73 Phil

2 Likes

Hi Tonnie,

Many thanks for S2S today - it was just after chasing me by YC2VOC who made my day :smiley:

I saw more spots later but no copy of you :frowning:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Jarek,

Tnx S2S today. Conditions today not so good. Not many chasers. But the wx was good, luckily.
I activated 5 summits:
DM/BW-845 DM/BW-853 DM/BW-484 DM/BW-078.
The last one, DM/BW-078, Römerstein, the high tower, was in fog. So no nice view. After that activation it started to rain. I was back in the appartment at 20:30 LT.
I made 106 QSO’s. And some S2S QSO’s. Walked 13.1 km and 570 hm.

Tomorrow better wx and new activations. CU.

Tnx all chasers, 73 - Tonnie - PA9CW

4 Likes

Tonnie look for me on F/CR-007 :wink:
73 Éric

2 Likes

Eric,

Yes I will try S2S.

1 Like

Sorry Tonnie @PA9CW

Here you can read why s2s wasn’t possible :pensive:

73, Éric

Eric,

Sorry to hear this story. Hope XYL is better. Safety and health first. Maybe next time.

Today was a good day for SOTA! I activated 4 summits:
DM/BW-193 DM/BW-233 DM/BW-235 DM/BW-086
A lot of chasers this Sunday. Because of the contest I worked on 30 and 20 meters. I also tried 17 meters, with 2 or 3 QSO’s. In the end I made 112 QSO’s and a few S2S. Last summit, DM/BW-086, was full of mosquitos. But there was a vy nice view.
I walked 17 km and 910 hm.

4 Likes