DJ5KZ silent key

Dear SOTA-friends,
I am very sorry to inform you about the silent key
of our very good friend DAGO SKOMOROWSKY, DJ5KZ.
(30.03.1942 - 26.01.2013)
He was a very active and friendly operator.
R.I.P. es 73 de Fritz HB9CSA, DL4FDM

With great sadness we have to report that Dago Skomorowski, DJ5KZ, passed away on Jan 26th, 2013.
Dago, who lived in the Chiemsee area in South Germany, was one of the pioneers of SOTA - DL.
He started as an activator in 2004 and he reached 151 summits, most of them as “first activator”. He also was active from several summits in Greece, Switzerland, Austria, and Germany Low Mountains. Many of you can remember having heard his ufb CW signs from the Chiemgau Alps. He planned to hike all of the CG-summits and actively worked towards Alpine Mountain Goat Award, but he had to reduce his SOTA Activities due to health issues.
As a chaser he reached “Shack Sloth” a long while ago, and he still is #2 on the chaser honor roll in SOTA-DL.
In the SOTA-DL management team he served as regional manager for the CG and BG region, and he also was the first award manager for SOTA-DL. He will be sadly missed!

On behalf of SOTA-DL
Dzianis, DD1LD
Martin, DF3MC

In reply to HB9CSA:
Rest in peace, dear Dago
Condoleance to the family
Andre - f5ukl

In reply to F5UKL:

Sad news indeed.

My first QSO with Dago was on 2nd Feb 2006 from Sulten, CG-049, and we had regular contacts for almost 7 years.

It was a pleasure to hear his CW on the air and he will be sadly missed.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Roy G4SSH

Sorry to hear that Dago DJ5KZ is now silent key.

Jimmy M0HGY

I got Dago DJ5KZ only once in my activator log from F/AM-313 in 2009.
It is sad to hear this bad news; We, activators when we are on top of a mountain, are close to the sky and have a though to our friends SK.
Gerald