Disgusting behaviour

Will the disgusting creature using my call sign please refrain from doing so this instant!!! Between 12:09utc and 12:16utc my call was being pirated towards Frank DL6UNF/P. Also, his/her deliberate QRM was aimed at others, what a sad person to get pleasure from such ungentlemanly conduct.
Thankfully/hopefully those of you who know me will have noticed the different fist. I am really starting to get fed up with these idiots now!!

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
Sorry to hear that you have collected a parasite, Mike. There seems to be a bit of an explosion in deliberate QRMing, too. Our 2 metre net last night collected a phantom whistler, no doubt he thought he was a wit but he was only half right - and he was out of tune, too!

Not much we can do about this sort of thing, unless we can locate them and pin their coax!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Brian, I am sure you will be well aware that I like a little bit of leg pulling, but what happened today crossed the line and I can’t accept behaviour like that whatsoever.

73 Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:
I fully sympathise, Mike. Perhaps some of us should build the DF project in a recent PW and start taking bearings on these parasites, it doesn’t look too difficult to build but I don’t know how accurate it would be.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

I collected a heckler on 2m FM signing just “2E1” when on Dodd Fell Hill the other weekend. I’m afraid I lost my rag a bit and broadcast a lecture, but the chap just did not seem to understand. I’m sure Mike G4BLH was blushing with embarassment for me. I’m not used to that sort of thing - 2m SSB doesn’t seem to attract them.

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:
There is a 2E1 in the Leeds area who gets very excited when he hears a SOTA station - his operating goes totally to pot. I don’t know the full story but he has a medical problem and I think taking up Amateur radio is part of his therapy. He has passed foundation and intermediate so has obviously made an effort.
Some may remember Peter G3MUM who always sounded drunk to those who did not know him. You could tell when he had had a few - you understood everything he said :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to GW0DSP:

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. It looks like you have a stalker Mike.

Probably posting on here is not the right thing to do. Either the idiot won’t be reading this or you have just told him you what he was doing was effective in which case he just hooked one. I wish I knew the best way to deal with these things when simply ignoring them might lead people to think it was you. I still think ignoring them is the best policy especially as they could be well beyond the reach of the good slap they deserve.

Fame can be difficult to deal with, I used to have a problem with women throwing themselves at my feet until someone pointed out the fifty pound note that was stuck to the sole of my shoe with chewing gum.

73 Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:

Hi Steve, this is the same one that we had some time back when we were fairly certain it was listening to our talk back on 70cms/2m if you remember.

I agree wholeheartedly with you when you say ignore them, but in this case it is different, there was another person involved, Frank DL6UNF, who I had worked earlier in the day on his first summit, Frank was forced to keep QSYing every minute to dodge the idiot. They were not simply QRMing Frank, but posing as me QRMing him and that’s what I have a big problem with. I don’t know how long it was going on for, both before and after the times I stated, in the end I just switched my radios off and left the shack.
It might be a coincidence that this messing around comes as I am looking for my last 150 points to qualify SS!!

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to G4OWG:

Thanks for the advice Roger. Hopefully will be able to get a sensible contact with him when I’m up north again. Had I known the situation, the lecture would have been cancelled!

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OWG:
Peter G3MUM was quite an amazing character. I worked him many times way back - and it was hard work. Met him at a rally once with him in whatever you could call that device he was transported in. I heard he past his CW test using his toes. I think your last sentence is bang on target, he was a real character and I am told he even managed to get banned from at least one hostelry. How he managed that, I can never imagine.
73 jim g0cqk

In reply to G8ADD:
Using DF to locate an interfering signal can be very accurate. About 20 years ago there were quite a lot of complaints near my home area. We DF’d it accurately very successfully but it turned out to be a power transmission pylon as opposed to a rogue station. The power distribution people did admit the problem and scheduled close down and maintenance that eliminated the problem about 3 months later.
73 jim g0cqk