DC Activations - Planning

Since TomTom is usually driving (and cannot multitask), I usually use a JimmyJimmy for route finding and navigation on the roads. He’s actually quite excellent with a road atlas in front of him, and he himself claims to be better than any Satnav!

Tom

In reply to G4MD:

In reply to GW7AAV:

Only issue I’ve got is with speed limits, which quite frequently seem
to be incorrect.

Yes, I find them fifty percent too low as well. :0)

In reply to M0JDK:

E-mail received about DC-001 thanks. I just typed Tanks was that a Freudian slip?

Steve

In reply to GW7AAV:

Hi Steve,

Yes, I find them fifty percent too low as well. :0)

They never seem to go up. Don’t worry though, at the present rate it won’t be until the year 2345 that we will all come to a standstill. SOTA is safe - for now!

E-mail received about DC-001 thanks. I just typed Tanks was that a
Freudian slip?

Do the TA use tanks? Just a thought - I just hope they aren’t out there on 18th February which is my target date for activating the summit.

73, Gerald

Did I say target?..

In reply to M0JDK:

Many thanks John, the TomTom takes me there no problem, all the roads on the OS map seem to be on it’s map. All I need now is the time to try it out for real!

73 de Paul G4MD

Looking forward to the Devon and Cornwall trip. We will be on G/DC-005
Christ Cross sometime Saturday. We are aiming for around 14:00 hours but don’t hold your breath, you all know what traffic can be like. We will attempt to get them all done this week with the final one on our way home a week on Saturday. Hope everyone who needs these DCs will be listening.
We now have a 2m SOTA beam so will be QRV on 2m SSB as well as the usual HF,VHF and UHF frequencies. We will try to keep everyone updated as to our intentions, days and times.

73 GW7AAV Steve

Don’t forget your waterproofs Steve & Helen - for yourselves and your radio. IF the wx forecast is correct, then DC is going to be incredibly wet this Saturday.

GL, Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

I hope the forecast is wrong then. If not then we might be doing two on the way home a week tomorrow. The WX will be the difference between success and failure. We don’t do howling gales and rain like some of the more hardy activators, but we have all the gear if it turns nasty.

Just trying to figure where to put the kitchen sink so back to the packing.

73 Steve GW7AAV