Dave G4ASA SK

It is with deep sadness, I have to report the passing of Dave G4ASA.
Dave had been battling an illness for some time and finally lost his fight today. Dave was one of my closest friends and so will be sorely missed by myself and the SOTA community.

RIP Dave

Mike
2E0YYY

1 Like

A really nice guy, very sad to hear I’ll never add him to my logs again or see him helping on your stall.

RIP & condolences to his family.

Andy
HB9/MM0FMF

That is really sad news.
I never met Dave but spoke to him often on his many visits to tw-004 and tw-005 with lots of s2s as well.
Dave will be very much missed.
RIP

Rod

What terribly sad news. I shall miss chatting to Dave at the Blackpool and Hornsey Rallies and our regular CW contacts from the G/TW summits on 40m.
His summer trips to EI-land will be especially missed.
RIP Dave and my condolences to his family and friends.
Roy G4SSH

Thanks Mike.
This is dreadful news.
I knew the circumstances of his illness but did not know how close he was…
I can replay his voice in my head as I have spoken to him so many times.
Best wishes to his family and friends - poor Dave RIP.

Mike

Terribly sad news.
I never met Dave but he was a regular in my log book over the last few years.
I could almost rely on him for regular S2S contacts.
He will be sorely missed.

Condolences to family and friends.

Pete

Terribly sad news, I’ll miss hearing his distinctive CW hand both as a chaser and activator also his sense of humour. I won’t ever forget the advice he gave me on our last telephone conversation a couple of weeks ago.

RIP Dave

Victor GI4ONL dit dit

Yes You 'll missed us Dave…
RIP and condoleances to his family
Tof F5UBH

I was with him many QSOs.
RIP Dave

I’m really shocked and sorry to hear this news. It’s unbelievable to think I will never work Dave again on one of his activations.

I was totally unaware of his illness and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

RIP Dave
Mick M0MDA

I am very sad to hear this. I enjoyed chatting about SOTA with him at rallies as well as all the qsos and I was quite touched when he came out see me on TW-004 during one of my activations. The SOTA world will miss him.

RIP Dave G4ASA
Nick G4OOE

A great loss to the World, to SOTA and my log

My thoughts go out to Dave’s family and friends

Glyn

Dave was one of the nicest people I have ever met.
I will greatly miss our regular chats on the 'phone and indeed over the air.
Dave was one of the great inspirations for me when learning Morse - always encouraging and never critical.

RIP my friend.

Barry
M0IML

Very sad news for me also, never met him face to face but spoke many times on the radio and the phone.
There goes another one of the good guys, RIP.

I am shocked and deeply saddened to hear this news. I did not know about Dave’s health problems, so the news was completely unexpected. I have had the privilege of working Dave from many of his SOTA activations, including some of his visits to the west of Ireland.

He will be sorely missed by the SOTA community.

RIP, Dave, and my condolences to his family and friends.

Walt (G3NYY)

A sad sad day. Dave was one of the true gentlemen of the SOTA community. He always made it a point to get out on a summit when I was activating just to give me those s2s points and have a chat…RIP Dave…

Allan GW4VPX

Sorry to hear about Dave G4ASA going silent key.

Jimmy M0HGY

Another sad loss to us all chasing Dave while he was activating sota.
Chatted with Dave so many times on the air.
My condolences to the family.
RIP Dave.
Don G0RQL.

What a tragedy and such a sad loss. He hid his illness well

RIP OM

Barry GM4TOE

Both Tony and myself are shocked and sadden to hear this news.

We had QSOs with Dave during several of his SOTA activations and always looked forward to speaking with him.

Our deepest sympathies and condolences to his family and friends

Sara M6NHA and Tony M3NHA