Database Update

In reply to G0VOF:

The database is now of the size to be useful for some dataming. I’ve already demonstrated that by extracting all the contacts for a particular summit and mashing that against a table of chaser QTH and plotting the results on a Google map.

The more data in the database the more can be mined. So having information that you worked a chaser 150 miles away say on a certain time/date on 160m/80m/60m/40m gives will be of more use. I’m not sure what yet but I’m sure I’ll figure something out!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

The points score was correct if you entered via the web interface and
wrong on the CSV upload. Fix was nothing more than calculating the
points score after the update not before for CSV entered updates. So
that’s another easy one done.

Thank you very much. I did not realize it occured only at CSV-Upload as I use the direct input very seldom for activator logs.

73 de Michael, DB7MM

In reply to DB7MM:

Some other tidying up means the awards page now shows your Mountain Goat and Shack Sloth status.

Andy, MM0FMF
Database Manager.

In reply to MM0FMF:

Some other tidying up means the awards page now shows your Mountain
Goat and Shack Sloth status.

Something a bit odd on the “Activator & Chaser Awards” page. In my “Association(s) Chased All Bands” table I’m only seeing England, Scotland and Wales. But my Chaser log shows I worked OK/DL3SBA/P when he was on OK/PL-003 as well among other associations.

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G8TMV:

You have to work each association twice and on different summits for an association to count in the Mountain Hunter awards. You have only worked OK once and so it doesn’t show. That “twice and different” spices it up nicely. Otherwise activators who activate the same hill almost daily, like Tom with his morning exercise on The Cloud, could skew the results.

I have to say for a quite small log there’s some damn fine catches in there such as W1,W2,SV etc.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

You have to work each association twice and on different summits for
an association to count in the Mountain Hunter awards.

Ha! I’d forgotten that and was thinking it was purely a list of associations worked.

I have to say for a quite small log there’s some damn fine catches in
there such as W1,W2,SV etc.

Not bad considering I don’t have a station at home, although if the current house purchase ever gets to completion then that will change.

Colin G8TMV