Database Move

This morning I have fully directed SOTAwatch1 & SOTAwatch2 to look at the new database server. I have archived all the old alerts and spots and started afresh with tables including the future activations and the last 48hours of spots.

I am a bit nervous about this so please keep an eye out for any problems!

Thanks
Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
I have had a quick look at the GM-entries in the Database, and so far I have not noticed any anomolies… !
73 de Ken

In reply to GM4ZFZ: Have you let Ciemon G0TRT know? There is usually only myself and Roger G4OWG on the IRC chat these days but the robot will need redirecting.

Regards Steve GW7AAV
http://gw7aav.googlepages.com

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Jon,

I’ve noticed on Firefox that the reply button is missing on the SOTAwatch2 reflector.

IE all ok.

I have just uploaded my activator CSV file, on the database page “SOTA Facts and Figures” box “ACTIVATOR QSOs BY BAND” I notice that the callsigns of those I worked today and uploaded are listed too.

I haven’t noticed this before.

Roger MW0IDX

In reply to MW0IDX:

I’ve noticed on Firefox that the reply button is missing on the
SOTAwatch2 reflector.

I have a feeling this maybe because you haven’t logged in in Firefox. The reply button (and some other stuff) is inly available to logged in users.

Have a check and let me know.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Yep you’re right Jon, I had not logged in.

Thicky or what!

Roger

In reply to GW7AAV:

I didn’t think the SOTA IRC thing still existed! It was down for ages, and the links from SOTAwatch were removed.

In reply to M1EYP:
Hi Tom

Can’t remember the IRC channel being down for more than a couple of hours - and that was a forewarned server upgrade. It is very prone to timeout if you use the windoz interface - with a proper IRC application it is very stable. I, and I think Steve, use it for spotting as its processor/memory overhead is so much less than IE7/Firefox.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to MW0IDX:

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Jon,

I’ve noticed on Firefox that the reply button is missing on the
SOTAwatch2 reflector.

IE all ok.

I have just uploaded my activator CSV file, on the database page “SOTA
Facts and Figures” box “ACTIVATOR QSOs BY BAND” I notice that the
callsigns of those I worked today and uploaded are listed too.

I haven’t noticed this before.

Roger MW0IDX

Just looked at that Roger - the database seems to have stored the Station worked callsign in the Band field - is it your CSV file? or a bug?

Roger G4OWG

In reply to GW7AAV:

Have you let Ciemon G0TRT know? There is usually
only myself and Roger G4OWG on the IRC chat these days but the robot
will need redirecting.

Hi Steve,

To be honest I had rather forgotten about this.

I will work on getting the bot fixed and an option here for web access to the IRC channel over the next few days. Maybe we can start a revival of the channel!

73, Jon

In reply to G4OWG:

I must have uploaded an earlier log when I was trying different ways of exporting from Shacklog. I should have spotted that, thanks Roger, the database did not show an error when trying to upload though.

Roger MW0IDX