Database failure

As many users have noted, the database has been resurrected from wherever our ISP had deposited it for the last week. However, its journey seems to have damaged the menu, so that there is no way of accessing anything other than the opening page.

Unfortunately, our database guru, Gary, is away until Sunday evening, and is therefore unable to analyse, and subsequently repair, the damage.

Please be patient. It’s not our fault, and we have made our feelings known to the ISP.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:

Yep, it looks like most of the Database is now there but I can’t see any Links that work. I only found some of what I wanted from Google Searches and it would appear I am missing some of my Chaser Contacts and as yet I haven’t found the page to Log Contacts.

Colin.

The following links may put some minds at rest:

http://database.sota.org.uk/activatorresults.aspx
http://database.sota.org.uk/chaserresults.aspx

Tom M1EYP

What do you think about this?

http://g0hjq.webhost4life.com/sota/

In reply to ON4UP:

It’s an old version (Oct 09). Not advisable to use it I would suggest.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to M1EYP:

Well done for posting those Links Tom, you beat me to it (I was busy in a QSO with Ray G4VKE/P on LD-049).

Anyone found the ‘Sumbmit Log’ yet?

Colin.

In reply to M1EYP:
Not really Tom - missing entries between 5/4/2010 and 12/4/2010. Database went down between 15-16/4/2010.

Roger G4OWG

My view is that we should be patient.

Looking at the page source it looks as though the links to the entry points are lost because it can’t find them at present, probably because they aren’t where they were in the old installation.

We should wait for the person who actually knows about the database and its structure to make sure all is well - I think we could just cause further havoc by trying to enter stuff at random (and that effort could be wasted anyway if the database has to be rolled back to a certain state).

Patience, chaps and chapesses.

John GM8OTI

In reply to M1EYP:

Well done for posting those Links Tom, you beat me to it (I was busy in a QSO with Ray G4VKE/P on LD-049).

Anyone found the ‘Sumbmit Log’ yet?

Colin.

In reply to G3CWI:

In reply to 2E0XSD:

http://database.sota.org.uk/logon.aspx?returnurl=AddActivation.aspx

…perhaps

That lets me Log In :slight_smile: but unfortunately I get ‘The resource cannot be found’:(.

Colin.

In reply to ON4UP:

Well it may be old, but it did allow me to get an accurate up-to-date csv backup of my activator log (yes I know, I should have had one, I did have for the chaser log but had been remiss with the activator log). Many thanks.

Mike G4BLH

In reply to G4BLH:

Indeed Mike…I made a back-up too…even it´s not complet up-to-date…better than none hihi

73 de Franz ON9CBQ

In reply to G4BLH:

I am likewise grateful for the csv files.
SOTA-ites can happily spend their nervous energy preparing a .csv file for each log if they’ve not done that before. I’ve more than 50 chaser points-worth ready to upload in csv format and can wait till Gary announces that the database is open.

David 2E0DAI

PS I have a paper station logbook for radio from home QTH.

In reply to 2E0XSD:

Looking through the history in my web browser I found links to login as well as my activator log and it even lets me add entry using this link

http://database.sota.org.uk/AddActivation.aspx

Anyway, it’s better to wait until normal operation is resumed

73 Petr OK1CZ

In reply to 2E0DAI:

Those of us who still keep paper logs have unfurrowed brows!

Brian G8ADD (follower of Captain Ludd!)

In reply to G8ADD:

I too have an “unfurrowed brow” Brian, I’ve got paper logs back to 1960 and only use the PC as backup, but do find the loss of the Database an irritating inconvenience

Graham G3OHC (another follower of Captain Ludd)

In reply to G3OHC:

You’ve trumped me, Graham, mine only go back to 1965!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

I have logs for G4MD back to September 1938. Not all in my handwriting though :wink:

73 de Paul G4MD

One of these days I will find my old hand written log books, but I don’t know if that will be a good thing as I promised myself that when I found them I would transfer them in to my electronic log. I’m not sure how many contacts that will amount to but I seem to recall three and a half books at least from when I was licensed to when I went QRT for seven years. More RSI!

In reply to G4MD:

Would love to peruse the calls in those logs. I have the logs and the QSL cards from an old friend and mentor and it is interesting to read his logs and the notes he wrote along with the messages on some of the QSL cards, often from Countries that no long exist on the map.

Regards Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:

when I found them I would transfer them in to my electronic log

Pay someone in BY land to do it for you. It will be much cheaper in real terms than typing them youself.

Andy
MM0FMF