Database error

ThDatabase Error :
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - opeconnection to SQL Server)

This is the message I get when trying to submit a chaser entry.Is this my problem or the system.geoff G6MZx

In reply to G6MZX:

Log out and log in again.

In reply to G3CWI:
Thanks Richard that did the trick.ATB 73 Geoff

In reply to G3CWI:

Hmmm. I just tried that Richard and now I can’t log back in:-

Database Error :
Cannot open database “sotadata_db” requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user ‘sotadata_data’.

Perhaps Andy is working on it?

Karen 2E0XYL

In reply to 2E0XYL:

Back up again now - bit like the bands today! :slight_smile:

In reply to 2E0XYL:

There have been some short outages recently. This appears to be at the hosting company. You may find that you’re in the middle of something and the database takes an age to respond, or you can’t get the page to display at all. Within a short period everything starts working perfectly. I finally managed to be in the right place at the right time and got some further info which can be given to the hosts to help narrow down the problem.

If you have problems, search the reflector archives first as you should find an explanation or workaround for all of the common problems in there. If you can’t find a fix or are still having problems then mail me at mm0fmf_sota AT intermoose.com and put the word DATABASE in the subject. Include what you were doing, what happened and most importantly the time and date this happened. If you mail me then all the problems get collected in one place and I don’t have to hunt about the reflector for problem reports. I’m less likely to miss anything this way.

Andy, MM0FMF
Database manager.