Database and old Reflector

Excellent SOTAwatch2 Jon. Saw it at John BVE’s QTH last weekend and moved over myself when I got home. It is much improved on the original version. Many thanks for your efforts!

By comparison, the Database page now unfortunately looks dowdy and I wonder whether you have it on your list to update it. If so, could I appeal for an online edit option to the logs if that is practical? At the moment logs can only be deleted and need to be saved, deleted and re-entered if a mistake has been made in a callsign so leaving a chaser without the prized asterisk.

The old Reflector is currently running in parallel and will presumably be jettisoned at some stage. Having used the search option on it to obtain information relating to means of access and other aspects of activating a summit, I feel that it would be a shame if such information is lost. Is there any way that this can be preserved?

Apologies if this causes a rush to the medicine cabinet for a couple of Ibuprofen!

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:

Thanks Gerald,

Not sure about the database but will see if I can find out whether the edit functionality you refer to is likely to become available.

Regarding the old Yahoo reflector: We intend to export all of the old messages and make them searchable here on SOTAwatch.

Watch this space!

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
thanks jon for all the work you do in Sota. sotawatch2 looks very well and modern , but the most important thing for me is the possibility of spotlite.a very usefull thing in my Sota-activities .again thanks and all the best from the Black Forest

vy 73 Klaus DF2GN