Database Activations Count

This is a little strange:

For at least some summits (NW-001 and NW-002 for starters) the number of activations shown when you browse the list of summits is one less than that shown when you view the details of the summit (using the link from the summary).

For others (i.e. GW/NW-062) the numbers shown are completely different.

Stewart G0LGS

In reply to G0LGS:

Hi Stewart

This one has been raised several times recently and it happens because the database is updated manually at present. It’s quite a normal thing and nothing wrong with the system.

It’s just a matter of patience and someone, usually Tom M1EYP will do the update when they have a minute to spare.

73 Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

So which (if either) of the two figures is the correct one ?

(I did not notice any mention of this before).

In reply to G0LGS:
The one on the summit information page (the one with all the information) this reads direct from the database, whereas the other requires a manual update from the database.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G0LGS:

Hi Stewart,

The individual summit details are correct - these seem to be updated as you enter an activation. The lists of summits lag behind, only being updated when done manually by Tom. This also applies to the “my activations” and “my chases” shown against the lists when you are logged in to Sotawatch2.

73 de Paul G4MD

Just done both updates. I must admit, I haven’t done them for a while. Jon GM4ZFZ will be automating this process at some point, but not sure when as I know he is extraordinarily busy with work at present.

In the meantime, prompts like this that remind to perform a manual update, are perfectly welcome!

Tom M1EYP

Just had a look, an update has been done since I last checked. Many thanks, I just love getting those “1”'s in the “my activations” column!

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to M1EYP:

Thanks for the update Tom, it’s much appreciated.

73 Mike