Data Error with OH/SL-019

Dear DB-Manager

When I try to look up the name of the Summit OH/SL-019 I get the Error-Massage below. I tried several times. I only get it, when I try to look up an OH/SL summit. But I can upload QSO’s with OH/SL-019.
Hny es 73 de HB9BIN, Jürg

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.]
System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day) +9390354
System.DateTime…ctor(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day) +18
SOTA.summitReport2.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\SOTADATABASE\summitReport2.aspx.cs:137
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

In reply to HB9BIN_3:

I need to correct the times in my log later. The activation started 1100 UTC and not 0900 UTC as I put there. Now to next summit. Hope the weather is not as windy as yesterday.

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL

I think I know what is causing this bug. We are working on this now and hopefully will have it fixed in the next couple of weeks.

Tom M1EYP

So 2012 arrives with a bang! Followed by a exception in the database code.

I’ve found the tiny little feature that causes this problem. It’s been sat in the code waiting to bite since SOTA started nearly 10 years ago. It’s hard to believe that you have these bugs for so long without anyone finding them. OK there are 47753 summits so it’s easily possible to have some issues with that much data.

Anyway, the fix is simple. However, nearly 30 years of software development has taught me you don’t change code that works on dates without lots and lots and lots and lots and lots… and lots of testing! I don’t believe this bug affects anything other than the display of some summits. Scoring these summits appears to be fine.

The fix will be uploaded in a few days or so.

Andy, MM0FMF
Database Manager.

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hi Tom and Andy

Tks for your answer.
hny es 73 de HB9BIN, Jürg