Craiglee GM/SS-150 No Show

I think we both felt the reality of Galloway ground that evening back in October 2007. Now we are older and much much wiser!

Always a dilemma Andy:

• On the one hand if you had been carrying your lucky anvil, the incident with the hole could have been much worse.

• On the other, you could have used it as a stepping stone at the burn.
    :thinking:
    Seriously though good decision - live to activate another day!

3 Likes

After about 4 and a half years, I can see that Andy @MM0FMF has finally been successful with bagging Craiglee GM/SS-150 and activating it for SOTA according to the spots today. This means that both him and Gerald @G4OIG only have Mullwharchar GM/SS-073 on activate all GM/SS SOTA summits south of Glasgow and Edinburgh (excluding Kintyre). I believe that both Andy MM0FMF and Gerald G4OIG are planning to activate Mullwharchar GM/SS-073 soon.

Jimmy M0HGY

3 Likes

Indeed Jimmy… third time lucky for Andy. I was really pleased to get the Complete today and I’m very much looking forward to getting over to Galloway to activate Mullwharchar with him once we have agreed a date. I guess that a trip to round up the Kintyre summits would then be appropriate. :grinning: .

2 Likes

Well done Andy on GM/SS-150, it is a fine summit.

1 Like

It’s brilliant especially on a day like today :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And thanks for our first QSO & S2S

And… end stop 4g on the summit and most of the route from the carpark to the top…crazy stuff.

Anyway, this is what it looked like today in the most perfect WX, not too hot, not too windy. Wonderful colours including my pink face and arms from the sun !

Looks trivial. Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Bogs, deep holes, tussock grass. The usual Galloway nonsense. Computer said 45mins for the ascent. Took 1hr20 due to not wanting to break an ankle.

Report to follow.

Indeed very good. Your sending is OK, but my brain exploded when I heard M6 and someone sending CW and I couldn’t think what the prefix really was. Sorry, preconditioned reflex.

Thank you very much for those sentiments Jimmy.

Full report to follow when I’ve recovered from the walk, the drive, the sun and having to open my wallet many times.

5 Likes

Well done Andy,

Indeed it looked a lovely day, and should have been out with my cycle group in the afternoon, but due to an unforeseen incident, had to miss the weekly excursion. The upside, I was able to work Ben & Fraser on two of their WS’s.

Now what about the Ailsa Craig GM/SS-246 - an SS that should really be a SI and there a few other SS’s - surrounded by water - ??

Cheers

Jack(;>J

2 Likes

As far as I am concerned, Ailsa Craig GM/SS-246 is included in the GM/SS SOTA summits south of Glasgow and Edinburgh along with the mainland GM/SS SOTA summits south of Glasgow and Edinburgh (excluding Kintyre). Ailsa Craig GM/SS-246 is also in the same RHB region as the south west Scotland Marilyns which I think is the reason why it is a GM/SS SOTA summit and not a GM/SI SOTA summit.

Jimmy M0HGY

What happened to you on the third one Jack? I’m sure I heard you talking on 2m as I approached the summit of GM/WS-001.