Cracking evening

In reply to 2E0HJD:
Sorry, Mick, but six was open!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to 2E0HJD:

Thanks for the s2s Mick, that new antenna was really doing the business, no problem, I could hear you for best part of the journey when I was /m heading for home, will go and see if your pics are on Flickr now.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to 2E0HJD:

but missed a good chance of a test on SSB, does no one listen on 2m
ssb anymore you lot need a kick up the arse for not utilising this
mode that is so efficient for sota

I would not have put it quite like that but 2m SSB is certainly good fun. On each of my recent hills I have eventually managed to get 4 contacts on 2 ssb and on each one there has been at least one interesting contact.E.g.

Beacon Batch - G4OBK and F2YT (300km +)
Staple Hill - 2E0HJD (300km +)
Walton Hill - GB100TT (IoM TT Race Special Event Station)

These are contacts made without any special lift conditions and just using 5W. It is very slow going though - especially during the week. SPOTlite helps although there are not many 2m SSB chasers. Unlike 40CW it’s very quick to enter your log onto the database too!

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to 2E0HJD:

Hi Mick
If I’d known that you was going to do a test on your new antenna I would have gone up on TW-004 and set up Mick.
Whats the new antenna Mick?
I’m thinking of making the one that MW0IDX has on his web site as it looks allot stronger then the SOTA Beam.

And on the SSB 2m I often go on at this end but not to good been in a built up area but as you say not allot get on even when they are on the summits.

Terry

In reply to 2E0HJD:

In reply to GW0DSP:
Ok Mike Photos are on Flickr now !

Thanks for the photos Mick, what happened to to pic of the boat?

Mike

In reply to 2E0HJD:

In reply to GW0DSP:
Its there ! its the one where you can see the sea but it was easier
viewed with the naked eye.
Mick

Great set of photos Mick, thanks, old W1LF seems to love getting out and about
We’ll have to do it again soon, but try and drag a few more away from the telly and have a “sota fun evening”, hi, I’ll maybe put the idea forward on the reflector in a minute.

Cheers, Mike

In reply to 2E0HJD:

Hi Mick, I think the mind is going hi hi,just back from B.Q. building that 2m beam and could be on TW-004 in the morning.

Terry

In reply to GW0DSP:

We’ll have to do it again soon, but try and drag a few more away from
the telly and have a “sota fun evening”, hi, I’ll maybe put
the idea forward on the reflector in a minute.

Please choose a date when the weather is good!

Richard