CQ WW CW Contest

Hi Guru,
Thanks a lot for chasing me on Sunday :wink:
You are right telling about speed but there are pleasant exceptions like working with very nice 22wpm HB9FKK that I logged on Sunday :wink:

73 Jarek

It was a pleasure for me chasing you on Sunday using crossed mode. RX with my remote station in the village 18Km SW of Pamplona and TX with my rig and balcony endfed wire antenna in the rental appartment in Pamplona city.

Even those pleasant for you 22wpm can be a mad crazy fast speed for those just beginning on CW and strugglying to copy 10wpm. Everything is relative…

Guru

1 Like

in CQ WW CW contest ? hmmmm

very interesting, congrats to you for idea !

See you soon on the frequencies Guru

73, Jarek

So does this mean it is permissible to make contacts for points as a chaser by receiving via a remote web-SDR?
Can we have a definitive ruling on this, one way or the other?

Walt (G3NYY)

You can draw whatever conclusions you want Walt. But remember, the remote station used here was a private station not a public access station.

Either way, it is not covered in the General Rules. So in the absence of any ruling to the contrary, it must be permissible to use a remote receiver. This is a very interesting concept, because I can often hear QRP portable stations in central Europe via the University of Twente web-SDR in the Netherlands when they are not audible in the UK. However, they would probably be able to hear me if I ran 400 watts from my home station, so it would be perfectly possible to complete a two-way QSO by using the remote SDR for reception.

Walt (G3NYY)

Indeed! What drivel… thankfully I didn’t need to repeat it. :wink:

That’s why I made them wait for my 599 14 TU E E… usually I got TU back which was pleasing. I need to have value for money in a contact! :grinning:

One of the difficulties with a ruling is that different members of the MT have differing but strongly held opinions on the general subject of remote stations, which have been forcefully argued in another place. Thus any conclusions that you might draw will be at best interim.

For my part, the idea of a remote receiver, no matter how seductive it might seem given the high levels of urban electonic smog, is morally suspect - but less of a moral quagmire than the concept of a remote transceiver, which could segue to a network of remote transceivers if you are sufficiently wealthy, thus eliminating much of the challenge of chasing.

Quite. Not least of which is the debate about whether, or not, a web_SDR is a repeater.
I think we have been down this road before …

Walt (G3NYY)